• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Royals

What a freakin awesome comeback win!

Hosmer with the 3-run blast in the bottom of the 9th ... to win it! Off Holland!

Twins lose ... KC is only a half-game back of the Wild Card!

I'll admit, I went to bed after KC was unable to tie or take the lead in the 8th. A sweep would be fantastic heading into another big series with Cleveland. Maybe the team is past their slump from earlier this month, because they are 7-3 in their last 10.

I'll admit, I went to bed after KC was unable to tie or take the lead in the 8th. A sweep would be fantastic heading into another big series with Cleveland. Maybe the team is past their slump from earlier this month, because they are 7-3 in their last 10.

I watched the Hosmer game-winning HR about ten times between last night and today. It was the first walk-off homer of his career. And it was huge!

Alas, we didn't get the sweep. :(

Last edited:
Next three at Cleveland (in fact all remaining games with Tribe are on the road), a lot will get determined over the weekend (or not) the way the wild card race is going in the AL!

KC should make a deal with Cleveland. You can have the division crown, but let's scrap all remaining games between the two teams.

On another note ... Rhys Hoskins ... youngster with the Phillies ... 16 career games ... 54 ABs ... 9 homeruns!

Yes, there were high hopes for Hoskins when the Phillies promoted him earlier this month from triple A. But no one, not even Hoskins, expected this. His two-run homer in the first inning of a 7-1 win over the Cubs was his ninth in 54 at-bats. Hoskins is the fastest player in MLB history to hit nine homers, and he has homered on six-straight game days. It has been quite the arrival.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...s-home-run-chicago-cubs-history-20170826.html

As I said, KC should have made a deal with Cleveland to end all games between the two teams for the remainder of the season. The Royals outmatched again tonight by the Tribe. Sigh.

Meanwhile, Hoskins belted his 10th homer for the Phillies. In 17 career games. That's unbelievable.

Cleveland has shutout the Royals six times this season. The most any team has been shutout by an opponent since 1992.

One of the ugliest weekends for Royals baseball in a very long time.

Last edited:
We hear a lot about the Royals going hot and cold as a whole team, rather than individual players going on streaks...boy is that ever true now. A completely lame, incompetent display this weekend. I did like the uniforms, though.

2.5 behind the Twins for the road WC spot now. Because baseball is such a great sport, there's still lots of time to climb back in.

We hear a lot about the Royals going hot and cold as a whole team, rather than individual players going on streaks...boy is that ever true now. A completely lame, incompetent display this weekend. I did like the uniforms, though.

2.5 behind the Twins for the road WC spot now. Because baseball is such a great sport, there's still lots of time to climb back in.

It's simply amazing how mediocre the vast majority of the AL is.

You'd expect when the calendar is about to turn to September ... and you have a losing record ... as the Royals do now .... and you are on life support when it comes to playoff hopes. But somehow, they still have a chance. But if they make it, they'd darn well better hope they don't face Cleveland at any point.

This weekend pretty much wiped out any hope of winning the Central. I'm holding out hope that KC can get their stuff together and make a September push. No way Minnesota can keep it going down the stretch, right?

The Royals are five innings away from MLB consecutive nonscoring streak.....and not since 1934 has a team been shut out while giving up 12 or more runs in consecutive games.....

AND, the wild card is still possible....pretty amazing stuff

I would like to thank the Kansas City Royals organization for having an abysmal August in protest of me being suspended from this board. :Cautious:

Royals barely hold on to beat the Twins. I am afraid that Herrera just does not have the mental toughness to be a closer.

Moose gets his 36th HR to tie Balboni for most in a single season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back