• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2019 QB Offer - Max Duggan (4-star from Council Bluffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll say... Don't mind them going after the big gun and keeping this guy in their thoughts. It's not over with Gunnell, A&M's AD putting Sumlin on notice is going to help I would assume.

I saw that comment from the AD. Any stumbles out of the gate and it's going to be like the Green Mile at College Station...Dead Man, dead man walking here. Dead man, dead man walking.

Looks a bit more dual threat like...vs. pro-style like. Seem DL and MR want some mobility options in the mix at QB.

yeah, Sautter referred to him as DT when he was on TBL today. Made a point to say not pro style. Wondering if that's an old moniker from freshman year.

Went to HS in SW Iowa there are a lot of Nebraska fans in the western half of the state. Omaha and Lincoln are closer to this area than Des Moines, Ames and of coarse Iowa City. Lots of Nebraska grads in the western part of Iowa. The truth of the matter is anything west of Des Moines is considered the ugly step child of the rest of the state, and SW Iowa is considered the armpit of that ugly step child.[/QUOTE

Don't forget Ottumwa

I saw that comment from the AD. Any stumbles out of the gate and it's going to be like the Green Mile at College Station...Dead Man, dead man walking here. Dead man, dead man walking.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Sumlin seems to be on shaky ground at T A&M. But maybe Gunnell wants to stay closer to home. If so, I'd rather he go to A&M, as they aren't going to be SEC contenders with how they've looked lately. They seem to be trending down. I definitely don't want Gunnell going to Texas or some other big program.

Last edited:
Yep, their big city attitudes.

Iowa is filled with skuzzy river towns. Keokuk is the appendix of Iowa.
Whoa tiger. Keokuk Iowa is one of my favorite places on earth. Tippenbuds(RIP), the Purple Cow, the Tee Pee, and shotskis at the Marina..... great memories from that place. Country Club is up for sale right now for 300k. Me and a buddy want to buy it for a personal home and golf course. Then build a gigantic water slide down to the river. :Banana::Banana::Banana:

I'll say... Don't mind them going after the big gun and keeping this guy in their thoughts. It's not over with Gunnell, A&M's AD putting Sumlin on notice is going to help I would assume.

Yeah but it could now be a situation where Duggan commits to Nebraska, signs in December, Sumlin fired in December, Gunnel decommits, Nebraska is out of it.

Now I'm really offended....born in poor SW Iowa and lived almost my whole adult life in Missouri....I suck.

Not trying to offend. Moved to Fremont County when I was 10 and went to college at NWMSU in Maryville. That is just the way the eastern part of Iowa feels about anything west of Des Moines.

The kid from Lewis Central looks good. I would think Nebraska has a good shot at him.

Whoa tiger. Keokuk Iowa is one of my favorite places on earth. Tippenbuds(RIP), the Purple Cow, the Tee Pee, and shotskis at the Marina..... great memories from that place. Country Club is up for sale right now for 300k. Me and a buddy want to buy it for a personal home and golf course. Then build a gigantic water slide down to the river. :Banana::Banana::Banana:

I worked at the hospital in Iowa City. Keokuk is part of what the peds group referred to as "the triangle". Which I believe was Ottumwa, to Keokuk, to Muscatucky.....
Basically, when a bad case or genetic oddity came through the PICU, odds are they were from "the triangle". Also, Keokuk as appendix is sorta due to shape of the map.... other choice description is that one could "nip the tip" to do away with Keokuk. :Biggrin:

Anyway, I agree that Council Bluffs is probably 1/2 Husker and 1/2 Husker haters. Hopefully, the inherent advantages and program strengths will win out over not only Iowa but all the other schools as Duggan evaluates what is best for him.

As far as Max being pro or anti Husker, most kids at his HS aren't especially fond of the Huskers, but whatever an individual kid may think of a team changes drastically once you get an offer in your hand.
Like any HS QB, he'll likely want to go wherever he has the best chance to compete for a starting job and play for a winning program.

As far as his choice of schools go, here's another angle to consider: With his dad having to coach HS games late into Friday night, what school would look the most attractive for his folks to be able to commute to see Max's home games on Saturdays?... ;)

Anyway, I agree that Council Bluffs is probably 1/2 Husker and 1/2 Husker haters. Hopefully, the inherent advantages and program strengths will win out over not only Iowa but all the other schools as Duggan evaluates what is best for him.
I'd say your 50% is a bit optimistic. I'd have to guess it's closer to 75% haters these days. (The Pelini years took their toll on the locals here.)

Last edited:
4 sport athlete as it said in the article. I love that. Not focusing on one sport is awesome. I would love to have this kid for that alone.

As far as his choice of schools go, here's another angle to consider: With his dad having to coach HS games late into Friday night, what school would look the most attractive for his folks to be able to commute to see Max's home games on Saturdays?... ;)

I agree with this! Also I feel like, since his dad is a coach, they will do their homework and see through any BS. Which helps us as HCMR is the Nicest Guy in College Football (NGCF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back