• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2019 QB Offer - Max Duggan (4-star from Council Bluffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question I have no clue. I know when my wife and lived in Bellevue we shopped more in Council Bluffs because the sales tax and prices overall were cheaper. ;) :Biggrin:

I have always wondered that myself. I suppose its up to the individual kid and how they were brought up rooting for which school.

Sounds like the family has a plan and are going to do their due diligence. Which is how it should be.
yep

Just a random question. Do Council Bluffs kids usually favor NE or the IA schools if all offer? I know it is in IA but travel is much closer to Lincoln than Iowa City.

@Navythomas8 should know. I think CB is Omaha East and for the most part are pro-Husker.

Just a random question. Do Council Bluffs kids usually favor NE or the IA schools if all offer? I know it is in IA but travel is much closer to Lincoln than Iowa City.

Went to HS in SW Iowa there are a lot of Nebraska fans in the western half of the state. Omaha and Lincoln are closer to this area than Des Moines, Ames and of coarse Iowa City. Lots of Nebraska grads in the western part of Iowa. The truth of the matter is anything west of Des Moines is considered the ugly step child of the rest of the state, and SW Iowa is considered the armpit of that ugly step child.

Went to HS in SW Iowa there are a lot of Nebraska fans in the western half of the state. Omaha and Lincoln are closer to this area than Des Moines, Ames and of coarse Iowa City. Lots of Nebraska grads in the western part of Iowa. The truth of the matter is anything west of Des Moines is considered the ugly step child of the rest of the state, and SW Iowa is considered the armpit of that ugly step child.
So kind of like North Platte and Scotts Bluff in NE. Growing up in North Platte it always amazed me how much some in the east part of the state hated the west half of the state.

So kind of like North Platte and Scotts Bluff in NE. Growing up in North Platte it always amazed me how much some in the east part of the state hated the west half of the state.

Yes and no, western nebraska is culturally somewhat different from the eastern part of the state. SW Iowa is just looked down on as a poor area barely better than Missouri, and it is poorer economically than other parts of the state. I would say that it is more of a Omaha/Lincoln looking down on the country bumpkins than the rural eastern parts of Nebraska

Yes and no, western nebraska is culturally somewhat different from the eastern part of the state. SW Iowa is just looked down on as a poor area barely better than Missouri, and it is poorer economically than other parts of the state. I would say that it is more of a Omaha/Lincoln looking down on the country bumpkins than the rural eastern parts of Nebraska

Yep, their big city attitudes.

Iowa is filled with skuzzy river towns. Keokuk is the appendix of Iowa.

The fact he is closest to Lincoln and has been in a couple of QB meetings already at Nebraska is a hopeful sign

Hey I was born in SW Iowa...so I take offence. Not saying it isn't true....I just take offence easy.

Now I'm really offended....born in poor SW Iowa and lived almost my whole adult life in Missouri....I suck.

Now I'm really offended....born in poor SW Iowa and lived almost my whole adult life in Missouri....I suck.
Don't feel bad. I went from the wrong side of NE. To Oceanside CA AKA the part of SanDiego County nobody likes. To PG county MD AKA the second most ghetto area of the DMV. (only outdone by Southeast DC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back