• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

So basically, I take this as Nebraska getting the lowest 2-seed.

NU probably is (one of) the weakest 2, but usually geography is big consideration in placement also. I think it is probably a combination of the two.

Tough to project games played against an Ivy League school. They certainly cannot have the athletes Nebraska does -- but they are likely well-coached to be in this position.

Yale's lone two games against top 100 RPI this season were against Clemson. They lost both, but weren't destroyed. 6-10 and 8-10 finals.

Yale did win 9 of their last 10 -- but everyone of those was against a team with an RPI right around 200.

Who knows if Yale will be a quality opponent -- as they simply haven't played enough quality competition to do a reasonable comparison. I'd have to think Nebraska is fully capable and better-prepared for big games -- if NU is mentally tough enough.

Agree, usually not the athletes, but very fundamentally sound.

Last edited:

Maryland is in the Winston-Salem Regional and they open Friday against West Virginia.

Last edited:

Latest projections last night had Maryland as one of the first 4 out. With Maryland getting in, B1G ends up with 5 bids

Latest projections last night had Maryland as one of the first 4 out. With Maryland getting in, B1G ends up with 5 bids

Will be interesting to see if any of the Big Ten teams advance to the Supers. The odds are against it, but maybe 1 or 2 teams can pull an upset.

Will be interesting to see if any of the Big Ten teams advance to the Supers. The odds are against it, but maybe 1 or 2 teams can pull an upset.

Agree; every year there are some unexpected upsets and Cinderellas, but I wouldn't bet on any from the B1G. Maryland and Indiana seem to have the best paths.

Arizona State holds the record for winning percentage at 91.4% in 1972
Oregon State is currently at 92.5%

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back