• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vegas wins over-under

I'm taking the over on NU and the under on Colorado (7.5). CU lost their entire defense and one of the best DCs in the game.

I noted this in another thread, but the over on NU is -125 (bet $125 to win $100) so the implied odds on the over are about 56%.

That whole way of expressing odds is absolutely foreign to me. I have to punch in a bet to see what the payout would be.

Just want to point out that we've lost to both Illinois and Purdue in the last couple of years, both will be road games. Your toss-up games are exactly that.

Actually think we'll handle Oregon. They're dealing with transition problems of their own.

I'm counting on this. Putting the whole crew in an RV, and we are driving out to Oregon for the game. Hoping it's a much more fun game than tOSU last year.

tOSU fans were nice, I had no issues, but some in our party had issues with tOSU students.

Just want to point out that we've lost to both Illinois and Purdue in the last couple of years, both will be road games. Your toss-up games are exactly that.

Actually think we'll handle Oregon. They're dealing with transition problems of their own.

True, but if you can't beat perennial doormats, you should not be coaching at NU. A monkey can roll out of bed, and win 8 games at DONU. MR dealt with the aftereffects of the bunker mentality at NU post-Pelini, so I'll give him a pass on those games.

Pencil in those wins.

Wrong, NU lost to them two years ago. Saying they lost to them in the last couple years implies last year as well.

C

True, but if you can't beat perennial doormats, you should not be coaching at NU. A monkey can roll out of bed, and win 8 games at DONU. MR dealt with the aftereffects of the bunker mentality at NU post-Pelini, so I'll give him a pass on those games.

Pencil in those wins.
Proven wrong on at least four occasions since 2000

Wrong, NU lost to them two years ago. Saying they lost to them in the last couple years implies last year as well.

C
Not if your reading comprehension is better than fifth grade.

2015 is in the last couple of years, is it not?

Last edited:

trans.gif

3 upsets, if they are wins:

09/09 @ OREGON TBA
trans.gif

10/14 OHIO STATE TBA
trans.gif

11/18
trans.gif
@ PENN STATE TBA

The only upset ....... 10/14 OHIO STATE.

PSU and the Ducks was overrated

Last edited:
They were 4-8 last year. That's all we've got to go on. Maybe they will be another team to turn it around in year 1 while NU is going on year 3 and vegas (whom isn't in the business of losing money) seems to think NU is good for about 6 wins. Wow, just WOW.

It's all you've got to go on when you want it to be. Of course in other threads you consider returning talent, coaching, etc, but whatever works in this one....

Oh, and your narrative is being shipped away

I see it this way ..

Oregon is 3rd nationally in number of returning starters (including the QB, for the first time in a while).

The Ducks brought in a head coach who runs an offense quite similar to Oregon's recent offenses. He'll run a system that fits the talent in place quite well -- with better all-around talent than he had at USF. This transition won't be that difficult.

The Ducks defense (or the entire team, for that matter) will have a difficult time being as bad as it was last season. I seriously doubt the Ducks will be worse in 2017 than they were in 2016 -- when we barely scraped by Oregon.

While I think Nebraska will improve significantly as the season progresses, having to play in a very difficult Eugene environment in the early-season will be a major chore, especially for an NU team that is overall less-experienced than Oregon.

I was wanting to bet an uncomfortable amount if money in o/u 6...my book didnt have it. :(

Ditto. Only CFB bets I can currently make are on the national championship (Nebraska is 100:1) and the Heisman winner. I love the Huskers to win 7, but I would need Leicester City type odds to bet them to win the championship.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back