• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bob Diaco to be named new Defensive Coordinator

The 3-4 needs a beast at NT to make the defense great. Diaco had Louis Nix III at Notre Dame. He made all three levels of their defense better and set the tables for Manti Teo. We don't have that player on the roster. We need to find this player quickly. I love our other pieces though for this defense.

I received a text from my brother who lives in Lincoln that said the rumor around some circles is that there is/was dissension in the defensive locker room from some remaining Bo recruits that Banker wasn't taking care of that led, in part, to his firing.

The worst kept rumor around the state.

Was the 5-2 really that different than a 3-4? Guys who played the DE spot in the 70's like Willie Harper and Bob Martin were really linebackers and that's what they played in the NFL.

Serious question. I don't know enough to discuss the differences.

The 5-2 and 3-4 are similar, but the OLBs in the modern 3-4 have more responsibility in pass coverage. Generally better athletes I would say.

Broderick Thomas and Travis Hill were both highly successful OLB's in the 5-2.

Nebraska went to the 4-3 to get faster. A guy like Broderick Thomas probably would have played DE in the 4-3 Nebraska played in the mid 90's.

The 5-2 and 3-4 are similar, but the OLBs in the modern 3-4 have more responsibility in pass coverage. Generally better athletes I would say.

Broderick Thomas and Travis Hill were both highly successful OLB's in the 5-2.

Nebraska went to the 4-3 to get faster. A guy like Broderick Thomas probably would have played DE in the 4-3 Nebraska played in the mid 90's.

Thanks. Appreciate the response

I made a mistake.

I showed my wife our new DC. I guess she's filing the papers tomorrow.

6902572.0.jpg

:Lol:

I received a text from my brother who lives in Lincoln that said the rumor around some circles is that there is/was dissension in the defensive locker room from some remaining Bo recruits that Banker wasn't taking care of that led, in part, to his firing.

If I was Riley I would probably have talked to Banker and helped him resolve it if that was going on. But who knows.

You can argue the subtleties between the 5 - 2 and 3 - 4 all you want, what really matters is that guys actually play their position. We have had a ton of guys being out of position for several years now, and that absolutely must come to an end, or 9 - 4 will be what we are known for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back