• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker out

Here's the link to the NCAA Total Defense web page that could be helpful, too.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

When looking at these results, I wonder which team has the guy Riley is looking for if the guy does come from college ranks. Is he a current coordinator or a stud position coach who has proven himself on a team that has a great defense?

Perhaps, Billy D has helped line someone up in the NFL ranks. Maybe, a former defensive college coach who spent a few years in the NFL, but wants back in college coaching.

Wherever he comes from, this hire will help define the 2017 season and beyond. Hire the wrong guy and the defense takes a huge step back and the retirement may come early. Get the right guy who helps the Blackshirts be dominating and that retirement is put on hold.

His 4th down fierceness should have been a sign :)

Ice in his veins on and off the field. I think many of us expected Mike to make these types of moves, hopefully those who were on the fence jump to the kool-aid side.

It was, and I noticed that and put it in his credit column.

I still have no idea if Riley can really pull off generating a big jump up, and I don't think what he did here proves that he will. But it does prove he's aggressive and serious, and deserves plenty of time to make his play. So if he can do it, then it will happen.

Last edited:
Has there ever been analysis on how well predominantly NFL coaches do as coordinators at the college level?

I get a bit anxious about an NFL coach as a coordinator...kinda like flashbacks to having too complex/difficult schemes for college, especially due to the difference in hours of practice and their ability to recruit.

Has there ever been analysis on how well predominantly NFL coaches do as coordinators at the college level?

I get a bit anxious about an NFL coach as a coordinator...kinda like flashbacks to having too complex/difficult schemes for college, especially due to the difference in hours of practice and their ability to recruit.
Well that Bo guy turned around the Husker defense in his first year...so

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back