• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Darrell Hazell is out as Purdue's football coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That's a surprise fire at this time in the season. The defense, under Ross Els, hasn’t successfully addressed its biggest weaknesses: Stopping the run and getting off the field on third down. The Hawkeyes rushed for 365 yards Saturday, making it three consecutive weeks in which Purdue has allowed an opponent to rush for at least 300 yards. Illinois had 315 two weeks ago, and Maryland had 400 in the Big Ten opener. Iowa also converted its first seven third down attempts Saturday before finishing 9 of 16 on third down. In the first two Big Ten games, Purdue allowed 8-of-23 conversions. Heading into Saturday's game, it was last in the nation in third-down conversion defense.

I guess I didn't realize this either:
Another Pelini failure.....

Last edited:

He can do so much better than Purdue. More than likely a present coordinator or Mid-Major head coach. Until they commit to supporting the program from her top down will be very difficult to attract top talent.
They would have to open up the coffers and really pay the big bucks! I bet it would take $5,000,000 or better

In Big Ten play, Purdue was 3-24 under Hazell. And, NU was one of those losses. Make up time next week.

We must have saved his job last year when they beat us!

Probably. But the announcers for the Purdoo/Iowa game mentioned that the fans expected more in year 4 from him. I remember thinking he would likely be gone soon. Interesting too how teams aren't waiting until the end of the season to make changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back