• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Darrell Hazell is out as Purdue's football coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

They would have to open up the coffers and really pay the big bucks! I bet it would take $5,000,000 or better
Purdue is not going to spend that kind of money or agree to the kind of faculty upgrades needed etc.

I think Miles could be hired for $2-$3m at this point in his career as I am sure LSU is paying him a hefty buyout.

Hazell and Turner Gill rank as #1 and #2 on my list of worst opening press conference for new coaches. Sometimes you can just tell from the beginning.

;)

I've been saying for a while (to myself) that some program needs to hire Bob Stitt. He is the guy who coached at Colorado School of Mines and runs this crazy offense. Never punts, fun & gun, etc. It would be a great fit at a school like Purdue. More established Power Five programs don't want to take a chance on him. Well, he went to Montana two years ago and has done well. Montana has beaten... the vaunted North Dakota State, in fact, in 2015. They have 1 loss this season. As they say, "Stitt happens." He could be had for cheap, relatively speaking, and would allow Purdue to attract talent to a very unique scheme. His teams are hard to prepare for. The only thing that might hold him back is, he's coached in the west for so long, I don't know if he could recruit the midwest/Big Ten country. But if he recruits nationwide, who knows. Great read about him here.

Last edited:

Purdue is not going to spend that kind of money or agree to the kind of faculty upgrades needed etc.

I think Miles could be hired for $2-$3m at this point in his career as I am sure LSU is paying him a hefty buyout.
I thought Purdue was known for having pretty top notch professors. :Biggrin::Biggrin::Biggrin::Biggrin:

Bo Pelini? Probably won't look for a higher profile job until his last million or so is delivered from Lincoln.

This actually makes sense. Close to home for him. Big 10 job. Low expectations. Less media, more tolerance for his act. Recruiting would easier because of location.

darrell-hazell-0805.png

Nice and big earmuffs. Probably he tuned in popular radio songs instead of press box booth ;)

They are already doing a facility upgrade. They are also emptying the stadium on home games. Those two things sealed the deal; along with a new AD who owes DH nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back