• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just a pitt stop for Frost?

If Frost up and bolts for a better job after a single year, what kind of message does that send, both to his fans/supporters and to prospective future employers?

It would send the message that he is good...that he is in high demand.

Nobody would begrudge SF for accepting a job like LSU after one year at UCF. LSU is one of the top 10 FBS jobs there is. It would be a rare lifetime opportunity.

If SF were offered LSU and stayed at UCF I would admire that, but few if any would blame him for leaving.

Many knowledgeable fans on the UCF message boards are already viewing SF as a short-timer. They can see how good he is, and they are expecting strong offers to come along.

Last edited:

It would send the message that he is good...that he is in high demand.

Nobody would blame SF for accepting a job like LSU after one year at UCF. LSU is one of the top 10 FBS jobs there is.

If SF were offered LSU and stayed at UCF I would admire that, but few if any would blame him for leaving.
Lots of people would blame him for leaving UCF one year after arriving there. He came to UCF with a lot of words about making the program better and having a long-term vision for the program's future. Those words become hollow if he leaves that early.

And future programs will look at that behavior and say, "What if he says he'll come to our program for three years, and we bank all of our time, money, and resources on that, but he leaves us after one year, too"?

Lots of people would blame him for leaving UCF one year after arriving there. He came to UCF with a lot of words about making the program better and having a long-term vision for the program's future. Those words become hollow if he leaves that early.

And future programs will look at that behavior and say, "What if he says he'll come to our program for three years, and we bank all of our time, money, and resources on that, but he leaves us after one year, too"?

I think SF is as ethical and forthright as they come. I am sure that he has no plans to leave UCF. As you say, he came with the intention of staying the course.

If SF is offered by both LSU and Oregon this year he may decide to stay where he is. He may in fact be truly committed to giving UCF at least 5 years or for as long as they will have him.

But if he were to leave after 1 year, I do not think his words would become hollow because I am sure he spoke those words under the assumption that he would not be entertaining any big offers for quite some time, if at all.

Last edited:
Kelly, Petrino, and Fedora would be my personal top three, if I were an LSU fan (if the Houston coach were to turn it down, I should add).

Petrino came to mind for me as well. But are those three available? Maybe not. IMO, there is not a whole lot to chose from.

UCF is not a destination job. Maybe someday, and maybe because of Scott Frost, but not now. I do not think this comes as a surprise to their fans. That being said I think Scott is a pretty smart guy. He might not think he is ready for a job like LSU.

UCF is not a destination job. Maybe someday, and maybe because of Scott Frost, but not now. I do not think this comes as a surprise to their fans. That being said I think Scott is a pretty smart guy. He might not think he is ready for a job like LSU.

Tennessee fans and players got very upset with Lane Kiffin when he decided to leave after one year to go to USC. But there is a big difference between Tennessee and UCF. Tennessee fans view their program as a blue blood equal to USC whereas UCF fans realize their program still has stepping-stone status. I don't think UCF fans would be upset if SF accepted an offer from LSU. They would probably be shocked if didn't.

But, for all we know, SF may be planning to stick with UCF forever, come hell or high water. He thinks he can eventually dominate the AAC at UCF, and that may be the only coaching goal he has.

SF may be as enamored with UCF as FLA4NEB is with the millions of tiny lizards in Orlando!

Look, there's another one!

But don't touch it! You don't know where it's been!

067.JPG

Last edited:
I wish Scott Frost all the success in the world, but I think it is more than a little premature to think a school like LSU would come calling after one season as a head coach. 3-2 is great given they were winless last season, but that doesn't equate to a major P5 offer IMO even if they win out. If Herman leaves Houston I could see Frost possibly getting a chance there, but it would still be slim I think. If he's as good as some think, he can turn UCF into a juggernaut in their conference and then wait for a significantly better option at a P5 school. Just my opinion.

Most people understand that an outsider going to a mid-major is almost always engaging in lip service when they say they plan to stay long term.

Last edited:

I wish Scott Frost all the success in the world, but I think it is more than a little premature to think a school like LSU would come calling after one season as a head coach. 3-2 is great given they were winless last season, but that doesn't equate to a major P5 offer IMO even if they win out. If Herman leaves Houston I could see Frost possibly getting a chance there, but it would still be slim I think. If he's as good as some think, he can turn UCF into a juggernaut in their conference and then wait for a significantly better option at a P5 school. Just my opinion.
Maybe we should wait until Frost does something before we start placing him at major football universities.

Most people understand that an outsider going to a mid-major is almost always engaging in lip service when they say they plan to stay long term.

Agreed. No one goes to UCF for the long term, unless they expect to be middling or are near retirement age.

Maybe we should wait until Frost does something before we start placing him at major football universities.

Yes, agree 100% That's why I said he would even have a slim chance at Houston if Herman leaves. No P5 AD with any sort of sense with job security would gamble on a coach with 1 year of head coaching experience. Heck, even Illinois went out and found an experienced coach. Why would LSU gamble on a young, inexperienced head coach?

Yes, agree 100% That's why I said he would even have a slim chance at Houston if Herman leaves. No P5 AD with any sort of sense with job security would gamble on a coach with 1 year of head coaching experience. Heck, even Illinois went out and found an experienced coach. Why would LSU gamble on a young, inexperienced head coach?
LSU is going to get a seasoned veteran in Bo Pelini.:Biggrin:

Last edited:

Personally, I'd absolutely hate for Frost to go to LSU and have success, as I only want LSU to be mildly successful, I don't want them to be a dynasty. I reserve all future possible dynyasties for the HUSKERS!!!!!

You are correct. But Bianchi said that a marquee program could come calling for SF as early as the end of this season and I decided to expand upon it. I thought, "Who are the marquee programs that will be looking for a new HC at the end of the season?" The only ones I could think of were LSU and possibly Texas & USC.

I think Texas would be a bad fit for SF and I doubt he would go there. I think LSU would be a much better fit for SF than USC, however with his years at Oregon, SF probably has some good recruiting connections in California.

The UCF AD Danny White was a former top basketball player at Notre Dame. His dad has been the AD at Duke for a long, long time. White is a very sharp guy. As soon as he and the UCF president interviewed Frost they knew they had found their man. Despite his inexperience, if Frost is granted an interview with the AD from any marquee program, he might be able to make enough of an impression to become a leading candidate.

SF has a distinct vision. He's got integrity. He's very smart. He has a championship pedigree. He is a strong, confident leader but he views himself as a humble servant who must ensure the success of his players and staff above all else. He is also servant of the UCF AD, and he knows it his job to get Bright House Stadium sold out on a regular basis. He's definitely working on that and doing quite well...he's creating excitement. He is an exceptional communicator with an air of confidence who could convince most any AD that his methods and abilities for achieving championship success and student achievement are as good as they get. Yep, I think if SF gets interviewed by an AD from a big-time program, he will put himself in the thick of the race.

I don't see UCF beating Houston or South Florida this year, but I think they have a decent chance to beat everyone else they play. A lot will depend on how well their QBs play and their pass defense needs some work. IMO, max for UCF (regular season) is 8 wins. 6 wins would be very good, but they could lose a lot of close games like UNL did last year and end up with just 4 wins.

To be considered for a marquee opening, SF's knights had better win at least 6 games.

I noticed that John Wooden, Tom Osborne, Scott Frost and DJ Durkin have one thing in common. They all put their focus entirely on "the process" of getting better each day/week. Talk of winning games or championships is not a part of "the process". It is a proven formula for success.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back