• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Klinsmann the next England coach? Update: England is a mess

Looks like Big Sam is a done deal...

Wonder if this will all just get swept under the carpet like it didn't happen?

Gulati and the way he has dealt with Klinsman in his tenure at US Soccer has been baffling to say the least. He fired Bob Bradley for far less.

I have no clue what he will do.

I also have no doubt what so ever that this was orchestrated by the Klinsman camp based on what I have read and heard. Not to mention he never came forth and tried to quell it.

I thought he should have been fired after the dismal Gold Cup last year and I am with Lalas on this one in that he needs to be shown the bricks.

You have to wonder what the players think about this too.

Trying to figure out what Gualti will do is like throwing dice in a craps game.

Oh and I think Big Sam is the right choice based on what the FA was looking for and what England needs in a manager right now. Klinsman would have been a disaster as the England Coach and would have been lucky to survive a year.

Last edited:

Indeed it should. Next game is in September.

Oh I know... I was just hoping that he may want to have an impromptu media day... ya know, to cover anything of interest that's happened over the summer like how the MLS players are doing, his final thoughts on COPA, what he's expecting from players abroad this upcoming season, his applying for another job... ya know, the basics.;):Stirthepot:

Oh I know... I was just hoping that he may want to have an impromptu media day... ya know, to cover anything of interest that's happened over the summer like how the MLS players are doing, his final thoughts on COPA, what he's expecting from players abroad this upcoming season, his applying for another job... ya know, the basics.;):Stirthepot:

Yeah I would love to be a fly on the wall for that. :) :)

I suspect he is going to have to do some tapping dancing with players. Tim Howard was asked about it a few weeks and did not respond.

Now the question is what does US Soccer do about this? I am betting nothing based on Gulati's record with Klinsman.

Just read article where the author said he thinks Kinsman has damaged his relationship with Gulati quite a bit with this 'power play' which of course failed.

Just read article where the author said he thinks Kinsman has damaged his relationship with Gulati quite a bit with this 'power play' which of course failed.

Here is the article:

In the past, Klinsmann has quickly and vociferously rebutted chatter about his interest in other jobs. This time, he didn't. Not even as Sam Allardyce displaced him as the favorite and ultimately got the gig—while the Football Association apparently never even sought permission from U.S. Soccer to interview Klinsmann, presumably meaning he actually wasn't a serious candidate.

This time, with patience for his long-running USMNT project wearing as thin as the results it has yielded, he was seemingly happy to let the suggestions that U.S. Soccer might lose him fester. It's questionable whether or not he was ever going to uproot from his beloved adopted home in Southern California and join an English federation that expected its manager to buy into the philosophy and course it had already set out—Klinsmann likes to build things from the ground up. But he stood to gain nothing from publicly ruling out the possibility.

The question that remains unanswered is what impact all of this might have had on his relationship with U.S. Soccer and his benefactor there. President Sunil Gulati, who led his recruitment, was a staunch supporter until he openly demanded wins in the Copa.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highl...thing-to-lose-by-keeping-silent-about-england

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back