• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Klinsmann the next England coach? Update: England is a mess

Oh and Klinsman has never beaten a Top Ten team in a major competition (0-5-1). Bradley did so 4 times (i.e Spain). Oh and Arena (i.e. Portugal) and even Steve Sampson arguably the worst coach of all time beat top 10 teams too.

Oh and Arena and Bradley never finished fourth in the Gold Cup. Should have been fired after that catastrophe. Trust me in England they would have tared and feathered him and run him out of town.

Also Arena and Bradley both took USMNT teams to the Confederations Cup. Bradley took us to the Final beating the #2 team in the world in the semi-final. Klinsman has failed to qualify twice.

Bradley and Arena never lost to Jamaica. Klinsman did it not once but twice.

The the past two Olympics under Klinsman's watch the USA has failed to qualify for the Olympics.

He is lucky Gulati is clueless about futbal. Hopefully the next US Soccer president actually played the game and understands it a tad.

To wrap it up no Confederations Cup, no Olympics, a fourth place Gold Cup finish and no wins over any Top 10 under this coach. Go figure huh? In any other country he would have been fired a long time ago.

Like folks have said he has a helluva publicist. :)

I rest my case. :) :)

Last edited:

Oh and Klinsman has never beaten a Top Ten team in a major competition (0-5-1). Bradley did so 4 times (i.e Spain). Oh and Arena (i.e. Portugal) and even Steve Sampson arguably the worst coach of all time beat top 10 teams too.

Oh and Arena and Bradley never finished fourth in the Gold Cup. Should have been fired after that catastrophe. Trust me in England they would have tared and feathered him and run him out of town.

Also Arena and Bradley both took USMNT teams to the Confederations Cup. Bradley took us to the Final beating the #2 team in the world in the semi-final. Klinsman has failed to qualify twice.

Bradley and Arena never lost to Jamaica. Klinsman did it not once but twice.

The the past two Olympics under Klinsman's watch the USA has failed to qualify for the Olympics.

He is lucky Gulati is clueless about futbal. Hopefully the next US Soccer president actually played the game and understands it a tad.

To wrap it up no Confederations Cup, no Olympics, a fourth place Gold Cup finish and no wins over any Top 10 under this coach. Go figure huh? In any other country he would have been fired a long time ago.

Like folks have said he has a helluva publicist. :)

I rest my case. :) :)

Heck yeah we can continue. I can rattle off a lot of firsts for USA soccer that JK accomplished. He also has a better winning percentage than Bradley or Arena. He has led USA soccer to outperform mighty England in major tournaments.

USA soccer would be a collective fool to try and can JK. They won't attempt sucha foolish move though, especially not after a successful run in the Copa. And you trying to argue that England's Euro wasn't a bigger failure than USA's WC is still silly.

Remember when you said they would be lucky to qualify for the WC? Remember when you said they wouldn't get out of the Group State in the WC?

And now you're trying to argue that the WC was as big of a failure for the USA as the Euro was for England?

Last edited:

Gareth Southgate was a stout defender for both club and country. Played for England 57 times and Captained them a time or two. One of my favorite players. Saw him play many times. He is the England U-21 coach now. Only other managerial position was at Middlesbrough where frankly he was not very good in the job. Word is he is not interested at this point in time and has not has been contacted.. Still young in his managerial career and I suspect he feels he is not ready. I agree would not be a good choice at this time.

Glenn Hoddle previously managed England in the mid 90's. Played for England 53 times. Played almost 400 games for Spurs in a long an distinguished career that saw him top the 500 game mark Is considered one of the wonkier English born coaches. Bit of a controversial bloke as the English would say. Do not see this happening.

Some chatter Sam Allardyce might get the nod. At 61 and with a long coaching career in the EPL I would not be surprised if they go that way.

Gareth Southgate was a stout defender for both club and country. Played for England 57 times and Captained them a time or two. One of my favorite players. Saw him play many times. He is the England U-21 coach now. Only other managerial position was at Middlesbrough where frankly he was not very good in the job. Word is he is not interested at this point in time and has not has been contacted.. Still young in his managerial career and I suspect he feels he is not ready. I agree would not be a good choice at this time.

Glenn Hoddle previously managed England in the mid 90's. Played for England 53 times. Played almost 400 games for Spurs in a long an distinguished career that saw him top the 500 game mark Is considered one of the wonkier English born coaches. Bit of a controversial bloke as the English would say. Do not see this happening.

Some chatter Sam Allardyce might get the nod. At 61 and with a long coaching career in the EPL I would not be surprised if they go that way.

Big Sam (I like him, we share the same bday :)) seems like a decent choice to get them through the WC... then look for another option... Giggs maybe?

Last edited:
Big Sam (I like him, we share the same bday :)) seems like a decent choice to get them through the WC... then look for another option... Giggs maybe?

I love Ryan a lot but he needs to get some head coaching experience. He is Welsh by birth and of course played for them. Not saying he would not be a consideration for the England job down the line but more than likely ends up as the Wales head man. Chris Coleman is doing a helluva job for Wales now.

Giggsy was a GREAT (one of the all-time greats in my opinion) player and if he is anywhere near the coach then someone is going to get a gem at club and international level. Sir Alex loves him to death.

Sam would be a good choice to get them through the WC. As we both know he has done wonders with teams who did not have great talent (i.e. Bolton). His style is a bit different on the field but might be just what the doctor ordered for England.

One of the things they floated is they want someone who understands English football. Which leads me to believe it will be a British manager (i.e. UK coach).

As to who will get the job the FA has been stone cold quite and the bookies and press and England you take a with a huge grain of salt. Guarantee you the various candidates etc. have had their publicist floating their names around. That is also the norm specifically in England as we both know.

Last edited:

Matthew Doyle ‏@MLSAnalyst
Good words from @KidWeil on the search for the next #ENG manager. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/jul/01/jurgen-klinsmann-england-football-team-manager…

CmTa6E0VYAEPBOh.jpg

I love Ryan a lot but he needs to get some head coaching experience. He is Welsh by birth and of course played for them. Not saying he would not be a consideration for the England job down the line but more than likely ends up as the Wales head man. Chris Coleman is doing a helluva job for Wales now.

Giggsy was a GREAT (one of the all-time greats in my opinion) player and if he is anywhere near the coach then someone is going to get a gem at club and international level. Sir Alex loves him to death.

Sam would be a good choice to get them through the WC. As we both know he has done wonders with teams who did not have great talent (i.e. Bolton). His style is a bit different on the field but might be just what the doctor ordered for England.

One of the things they floated is they want someone who understands English football. Which leads me to believe it will be a British manager (i.e. UK coach).

As to who will get the job the FA has been stone cold quite and the bookies and press and England you take a with a huge grain of salt. Guarantee you the various candidates etc. have had their publicist floating their names around. That is also the norm specifically in England as we both know.

Yeah, definite fair point about ending up at Wales... just thought that if he gets a gig for the next few years and shows well, I would think he would take the English job if offered over Wales just because of the differences, but who knows. Depends what his ambitions really are.

Yeah Big Sam is different, but I think they need different... someone to knock them on their butts.

Yeah, definite fair point about ending up at Wales... just thought that if he gets a gig for the next few years and shows well, I would think he would take the English job if offered over Wales just because of the differences, but who knows. Depends what his ambitions really are.

Yeah Big Sam is different, but I think they need different... someone to knock them on their butts.

You know off hand I do not think any Welsh coaches have ever coached England. Does not mean it could not happen.

Martin O'Neill (Eire/Republic Of Ireland) was offered the job about 10 years or so ago after he had taken Celtic to some new highs. At the time his wife was fighting cancer and he took a year off so the pairing never happened. O'Neill is helluva coach as I know you are aware.

So yeah who knows perhaps Giggsy does take it. GREAT player and it would fun to see him and Roy Keene coach against each other (looks like Roy will be the next Eire coach). That United midfield of the late 90's/early 2000's with Giggs, Beckham, Keene and Scholes is arguably one of the greatest of all time. If there were a soccer Hall Of Fame all would eventually be in it. Bekcham once said Keene was the best player he ever played with which is a helluva thing to say because Giggs and Scholes in their prime were in the Top 10 in the world. I love Roy Keene helluva player, great leader, feisty in your face bloke who needs to tone it down just a bit as a coach. Maybe better suited as a international coach.

If Giggs gets a decent job and fairs well it could happen. He is so young though that I do not see it anytime soon. They tend to go with older coaches who wanting that cherry on the career job.

Yeah Sam would kick them in the crotch. Knowing the English FA they will make a bad pick who is not a good fit.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror Big Sam to be interviewed for England job this week

Sir Alex pushing this to David Gill his old boss at United and now the head of the FA.

Have to take what the English papers say with big a grain of salt but one reporting that Klinsman and Gulati have had a falling out...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back