• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pop Ups on iPhone

An example: I can use a standard micro USB charger to charge any number of devices. The Apple charger will only charge Apple devices. And only certain ones, because they change it to make you buy more.

But in an emergency the newer iPhones can be recharged electroromagnetically by just putting it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Should do it no more than once a week tho, and needs to be at least 1000 watt microwave, otherwise it takes 40 sec. Worked on my wife's iPhone 6.
Phone is just as good as it always was.

Not sure what you mean by this...but Samsungs are actually more expensive then iPhones.

I know you keep lumping Samsung and iPhone together ... but the truth is, there are many types of Samsung phones. Not all are more expensive.

And only one model is the potential cause of fires -- not all Androids, not all Samsung phones.

And regarding malware ... you are correct ... Androids are more vulnerable. The reason is simple. The Android operating system has always been made customizable for the user (unlike the iPhone). Many IT savvy people, in particular, have appreciated this customization ability that the Androids offer. But it does come with a trade-off. Apple maintains tighter control over their phones, and thus less risk for cyber attack (but not no risk).

To each, their own, when it comes to smartphones. I really don't care who prefers what. There are advantages and disadvantages to both -- which is why both Android and iPhones exist. Not worth the continual debate of "my phone is better than your phone."

Last edited:
try to get behond labeling and calling names. You may pick up some interesting facts along the way if you like technology. For example Thunderbolt vs USB
https://thunderbolttechnology.net/blog/thunderbolt-3-usb-c-does-it-all

That's great, I love new technology. Especially if it's something affordable that people will actually adopt.

If it was up to you with your lack of appreciation for where apple has brought the industry we would still be on DOS version 35675490.12234668.

Apple has certainly contributed, and they've done quite well in the mobile device market. They've also done an incredible job of creating a small legion of devoted fan boys that believe the company can do no wrong.

That's great, I love new technology. Especially if it's something affordable that people will actually adopt.

Apple has certainly contributed, and they've done quite well in the mobile device market. They've also done an incredible job of creating a small legion of devoted fan boys that believe the company can do no wrong.

There you go again calling names. I guess if you can't come up with something better that's how you troll.

Apple has certainly contributed, and they've done quite well in the mobile device market. They've also done an incredible job of creating a small legion of devoted fan boys that believe the company can do no wrong.[/

You need thinker skin brother....

Perhaps thanks bro. By the way did you mean thinker or thicker because I suppose either might work.

I know you keep lumping Samsung and iPhone together ... but the truth is, there are many types of Samsung phones. Not all are more expensive.

And only one model is the potential cause of fires -- not all Androids, not all Samsung phones.

And regarding malware ... you are correct ... Androids are more vulnerable. The reason is simple. The Android operating system has always been made customizable for the user (unlike the iPhone). Many IT savvy people, in particular, have appreciated this customization ability that the Androids offer. But it does come with a trade-off. Apple maintains tighter control over their phones, and thus less risk for cyber attack (but not no risk).

To each, their own, when it comes to smartphones. I really don't care who prefers what. There are advantages and disadvantages to both -- which is why both Android and iPhones exist. Not worth the continual debate of "my phone is better than your phone."
Of course its worth the debate if not and the apple camp was to acquiesce people might assume android and Microsoft before them were the equal of Apple but only cheaper. In which case if not for Apple because there is no value in it we would not have Windows we would be in a command line typing instead of dragging and dropping. We would not a have desktop publishing industry. Video would not have evolved as there would be no QuickTime. USB would never have evolved to current speeds as FireWire or Thunderbolt would not exist to push it along. You would still have your Sony Walkman but no iPod. Yes crack berries may still be the rage but no smartphone. Not to mention it's an American company we should be proud off.

That's Pops.... HAHAHA!!! We all get those typo's, but his just seem so damn fun.... LOL...
Yeah I dont know what is going on with me lately...Good god!

Last week I've been a complete Idiot...just last week though, that's it!:O O:

My phone..It's why I make so many spelling errors
5d3f466652a5f2d5cdb69a969866fc68.jpg

On a slightly lighter note as its a slight joke only appreciated by old techies.

You all may remember the infamous blue screen of death exhibited quite ubiquitously by Microsoft computers not so long ago every time something went wrong on Windows. Well I would ask my techie friends who loved to point out how much more customizable Windows was. Well I know you go into the Windows registry to change some default behavior on Msft Windows, so since it's so customizable where do go in the registry to change the blue screen of death to say red or green?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back