• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pop Ups on iPhone

as long as we're on the subject of iphones and the app...I don't like how I have to find the link at the top of the "old" forum to get to the current forum..it was much easier when we had the extra app to open and post in...just my 2 cents

On my phone (Android), I've got a shortcut set up for the forums. One tap and I'm there.

Screenshot_2016-09-09-10-49-58.png

This should not be happening. Both the main site and the forums are now mobile friendly. If your phone's browser has the "request desktop site" box checked, that might be the problem.

The site is mobile friendly, but my Android (LG G4) has problems browsing the forums. Very slow loading, regularly causes both Chrome and Firefox to freeze, etc. I'm pretty close to avoiding the forum entirely from mobile devices... it's too frustrating. Prior to the site migrating to the new platform I was still using the unsupported HuskerMax app, and that was working great. I'd have an annoying flashing ad at the bottom of the screen, but things loaded quickly, no lag with tapping on forums/links/etc.

I have no problems on the forums with my year-old Huawei P8 Lite. (It is a $200 phone. Never again will I pay ~$700 like I did for my first smartphone.)

same thing for me on safari. I downloaded a browser called Dolphin which includes ad blocker and it seems to work. the problem with that is that tweets posted on the forum dont show up on that browser. Better than nothing I guess

NC, do you own stock in Apple? You seem very adamant over which one is better.
I've owned apple products for over 20 years. Prior was a Msft/IBM developer. Simply pointing out the facts. I even created my own original jokes pointed at Msft techies. Sorry I regress.

Typical Apple fanboy. :)
Nope not associated, and your fanboy response is typical of someone not able to handle the truth.:)

I've owned apple products for over 20 years. Prior was a Msft/IBM developer. Simply pointing out the facts. I even created my own original jokes pointed at Msft techies. Sorry I regress.

Uh, that sounds like a fanboy to me.

I can handle the truth quite well. I will probably never own another Apple product because I like to have more control over my devices and content, and I like things that integrate and play well with others. An example: I can use a standard micro USB charger to charge any number of devices. The Apple charger will only charge Apple devices. And only certain ones, because they change it to make you buy more.

I also don't like paying more for the privilege of having an Apple product.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back