• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rose Bowl

Yeah, well, as my dad used to say you can wish in one hand and s--- in the other....see which one fills up first.

NU isn't going to play like Stanford in all likelihood. You can choose to accept that or you can be mad every time you watch Stanford play. The latter doesn't seem to make much sense.

To be mad that Stanford is a great team and we suck does not make you mad?

No. Just ****es me off that people at the beginning of the season said Shaw was not a good coach and scoffed at why would NU want him. Now look at Stanford.

Why do you care what people on an NU message board say about the Stanford head coach? Lighten up Francis.

C

Sorry "dude." I never cheer for Nebraska to lose. Which is more than can be said for several on this thread over years past.

Thanks for confirming that this latest and sorriest spectacle of yours is all about still being butt hurt over how you feel the last guy was treated.

Kudos on becoming the new GFOA.

Because Coach Ferentz is just high-priced.

"I thought you said we didn't have any high-priced talent?"

"I forgot about Dorn. He's just High-priced."

Gotta admit that was funny.

And that's fine. Good for him.

I prefer that in our coaching search we not restrict ourselves to in-the-box thinking.

With BP out, EVERYTHING was on the table, the only restriction being limiting ourselves to a certain subset of coaches, that were nice, and affordable. Basically, the plain-label aisle of the coaching supermarket.

Take a run at some big-time coaches, is all I ask.

Otherwise, besides nice facilities (which everybody has), and nice people (everyone is nice to recruits), what is there to distinguish NU from any other program out there? A great coach wins games, and kids want to play and win.

No, my wants are much bigger than the Nebraska Athletic Dept. when it comes to coaches. I think Shaw would be a great hire, but there is no way in hell that HP and the Athletic Dept. want to spend the money needed to make Nebraska elite again. They have proven it time and time again. As long as Nebraska wins enough games to keep the sell out streak alive with butts in the stands it will be more of the same.

Win BP was fired Eichorst said money wasn't an option then a coach at the end of his career is hired for much less than what Nebraska could have got. To put it in simpler terms, Nebraska is cheap.

You guys have, literally, no idea what ADSE was willing to pay.

The current staff makes top 20 pay. That is what is known as competitive. Please stop fabricating false narratives to make yourself feel better about not supporting the Cornhusker coaching staff.

Last edited:

Huh? be great to have that many smart folk on one team. I remember a story of one of their O= linemen that had a photographic memory ...he could chart down the formations of the team they were playing and tell yeah what play was being run. THey said he was MVP on the sidelines

Pops, great post. That substitute O-lineman was the son of old friends of mine (Minnesota kid) and one my son's good friends at Stanford. He was awesome!

No. Just ****es me off that people at the beginning of the season said Shaw was not a good coach and scoffed at why would NU want him. Now look at Stanford.
He was 7-5 last year. Lost to NW before he figured how to use the superstar RB on his roster. He'll probably have decent records until McCaffrey leaves...so you can brag on him for another year or so. Happier with Riley than Shaw.

Last edited:
I am smarter than that. I asked because i was accused of wanting NU to lose all the time, same with GFOA, Big D, anyone who was not a fan of BO was accused of that. I do not know of one person on this board that would cheer for NU to lose...including yourself. But if you are going to accuse others of it you should also understand how you could be accused of doing so
:thumbsup:

This season is nothing new for Stanford. 3 out of last 4 Rose Bowls, and BCS bowls 5 out last 6 seasons.

He was 7-5 last year. Lost to NW before he figured how to use the superstar RB on his roster. He'll probably have decent records until McCaffrey leaves...so you can brag on him for another year or so. Happier with Riley than Shaw.

Good post. I too am happier with Riley at NU, not Shaw.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back