• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2015 Wisc. 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson on an OV to Lincoln tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being from just up the highway from Miami, the joke I always heard about Nebraska was..... The "N" on the side of the Nebraska helmet stands for Nowledge. Don't be so quick to jank on anothers school....Nah, Jank on Miami all you want.... I'm from the area, and I do..... LOL......:lol:

Living in the West Palm Beach area, I like to take my jabs at them as well.

If this kid commits I definitely worry about the pressure the fans will put on him to perform right away. The kid is not a trained seal it could take some time. Again that is if he ends up here.

Maybe while touring the Hurricanes stadium (Dolphins Stadium) he'll run into Suh... :Biggrin:

EDIT: Nevermind the Dolphins camp in Davie,FL darn.

Last edited:

Earlier someone made a prediction that he'd commit by the time we got to 48 pages, so no pressure Jordan! :Biggrin:

and as I learned page count is subjective to individual settings, so I should have predicted post count.... which would have equated to 720 posts at my previous settings.... So you should take the overs.

Last edited:
If this kid commits I definitely worry about the pressure the fans will put on him to perform right away. The kid is not a trained seal it could take some time. Again that is if he ends up here.

Always looking on the bright side. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he'll be in the mix, but from his reel, I don't see a kid who is obviously better than Newby, Taylor, or Wilbon. I would certainly hope the coach isn't making promises on potential alone.

...of course you don't. Tell us, SCR, what skills in particular do you feel that Stevenson is lacking? In your expert opinion, what about Stevenson's running style could be improved?

In SCR's defense, I'd have to agree. Yes Jordan is a great running back, but remember we do have some guys on our roster that are good backs. If he comes here yea he could Crack the rotation, but I think Newby, Cross, Wilbon, and Taylor will give him a reality check pretty quick. None of our backs are really proven but how could they be when you've got AA as a clear cut starter in front of you. Had AA gone down, our production would have dropped IMO but not for to long.

In SCR's defense, I'd have to agree. Yes Jordan is a great running back, but remember we do have some guys on our roster that are good backs. If he comes here yea he could Crack the rotation, but I think Newby, Cross, Wilbon, and Taylor will give him a reality check pretty quick. None of our backs are really proven but how could they be when you've got AA as a clear cut starter in front of you. Had AA gone down, our production would have dropped IMO but not for to long.

To me, the thing that this kid has that is an X-factor of direction change and acceleration. Straight out speed is great, and I think Newby has that. Wilbon has the change of direction to get to holes. Stephenson may have enough of both to be special as a freshman running around with his head cut off. Even as a KR, he could make a splash while figuring out the offense (like DPE or Calvin Jones did).

GBR :N:

I'm sure he'll be in the mix, but from his reel, I don't see a kid who is obviously better than Newby, Taylor, or Wilbon. I would certainly hope the coach isn't making promises on potential alone.

I am sure he promised him he has a chance to play.

This kid was expected to play a big role at Wisky this year...Wisky, if you haven't noticed, has been stacked at RB for a while now. They know what they're doing and what they are looking for. IMO, Jordan has just as big a chance to be the starter if he comes to NU as anyone on the roster and I think MR made that clear to him. We've got some good backs, there's no doubt...but no one has set themselves apart yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back