• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Speculation on Joe Burrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know....and I fully understand that....and it makes sense....

With Gibson taking visits and likely gone......it puts it very much in perspective...which was my point in posting that here....

Gibson may have more upside, but he is not the Ohio POY. There is considerable pressure to keep the POY instate. From a marketing perspective, they are both great prospects but Burrow is a win-win. If OSU had to choose between the two, they take Burrow. Perhaps Burrow's about-face starts to make a bit more sense now.

Last edited:

Oh I know....and I fully understand that....and it makes sense....

With Gibson taking visits and likely gone......it puts it very much in perspective...which was my point in posting that here....

It is amazing how many twists and turns have been involved in this one. It will be interesting to see how this will play out over the next 3-5 years.

Yes it certainly is....:)

Lot of folk who think Jarrett Guarantano will commit to Ohio State soon too and that makes Joe's task that much harder as Guarantano is a stud.........I like Burrow a lot.....I just think he would have a better chance to compete here.....a risky decision in my opinion.....but you know I can understand a true competitor thinks they can and will win the job.....just look at Ameer.....and Heard and Green both knew they were not going out work him and moved on....maybe Joe does that.......harder to do at QB though with less opportunity.....

Lot of chatter the family wanted him at Nebraska but he wanted to forge his own path......and I can understand and respect that too....my only comment is you gotta make sure you are putting yourself in a situation that you will have a fair chance....we have a ton of talent at QB too.....but its untested and he would have a shot on equal playing field here.....

It is amazing how many twists and turns have been involved in this one. It will be interesting to see how this will play out over the next 3-5 years.

Last edited:
Impossible, we were just told by an "Oracle" a couple pages back that Urban doesn't lose guys he wants.

When you have 3 guys in the program that are better than DONU's best QB and 2 more recruited this year that are better than any Husker backup - these things could happen. Its obvious Urban likes Burrow better. What's Kevin Dillman doing? Can he be recovered from the scrap heap for NU?

Last edited:

Problem is we do not know how good Stanton, Bush or Darlington is.....I suspect we will soon....we have talent I have no doubt about that....but it was not being used or coached properly.....

Ah so Urban decided Burrow was better so he told Gibson it was okay to look around.....I'm not buying that.....

Dillman, as was pointed out in another thread on this forum, committed this weekend to North Texas State as a Tight End.....he is not going to be a QB so I am not sure why we would go after him? We already make the mistake of taking him as a QB and then realized after we lost Burrows that Dillman was not going to play QB in college....

When you have 3 guys in the program that are better than DONU's best QB and 2 more recruited this year that are better than any Husker backup - these things could happen. Its obvious Urban like Burrow better. What's Kevin Dillman doing? Can he be recovered from the scrap heap for NU?

Last edited:
Problem is we do not know how good Stanton, Bush or Darlington is.....I suspect we will soon....we have talent I have no doubt about that....but it was not being used or coached properly.....

Please. None of those guys could beat out the scatter-armed Ryker Fife for goodness sakes. The idea Riley is looking for a QB should tell you something. The overall talent in the NU program is highly overrated - the past year there was about 10 above average players. The rest - average or below.

Last edited:
Please. None of those guys could beat out the scatter-armed Ryker Fife for goodness sakes. The idea Riley is looking for a QB should tell you something. The overall talent in the NU program is highly overrated - the past year there was about 10 above average players. The rest - average or below.

The fact that Riley isn't looking all that hard for a QB tells me that he feels that there is some talent to work with. I recall Bill Callahan beating the bushes for any QB with a pulse when he took over. The only QB Riley has seemingly looked at is Burrow. He didn't bite on Jones and he didn't try to recruit any of his Oregon State QB prospects either.

Last edited:
When you have 3 guys in the program that are better than DONU's best QB and 2 more recruited this year that are better than any Husker backup - these things could happen. Its obvious Urban likes Burrow better. What's Kevin Dillman doing? Can he be recovered from the scrap heap for NU?

1. Not sure what their Qb's compared to ours has to do with Gibson decommiting.
2. How is it obvious Urban likes him better?
3. What's Dillman have to do with anything?

I'm not really sure how to respond to this post....expect to say its very uniformed....

If you seriously think that Ryker Fyfe is better than Stanton, Dalrington and Bush....then my goodness.....I suspect few if any on this board would agree with that....with a real honest to God QB coach (s) and a fair competition this year Fyfe may not see the field again at Nebraska.....

Why would he not be looking for a QB? The normal school of thought is to take one QB a class (although with five on scholarship there is no need to take one this year unless we find the right one) and Pelini and Beck screwed the pooch big time on that and were doing nothing to rectify it....the new staff is not looking for a QB because there is no talent on the roster....and if you believe then my goodness.... again.....

Your struggling in this thread....badly....

Please. None of those guys could beat out the scatter-armed Ryker Fife for goodness sakes. The idea Riley is looking for a QB should tell you something.

Last edited:
Indeed and he could have had the kid from Oregon State as he de-committed recently.....in fact I read an interview with him in that he had talked to our coaches who called to wish him well....but did not offer him or show any interest...

The fact that Riley isn't looking all that hard for a QB tells me that he feels that there is some talent to work with. I recall Bill Callahan beating the bushes for any QB with a pulse when he took over. The only QB Riley has seemingly looked at is Burrow. He didn't bite on Jones and he didn't try to recruit any of his Oregon State QB prospects either.

Last edited:
This doesn't make me happy or sad, but I felt all along that Burrow just wasn't going to be "N". I'm pretty certain that this doesn't hurt our class at all(maybe a little I spose) but the Huskers will be just fine going forward.

I read part, but not all of this thread (given it is at 55 pages now), but how about props to the kid for making a commitment and sticking with it. Something many people complain about on the board of a kid de-committing, yet despite everything he believes tOSU is the best fit for him...kind of impressive in many ways.

I read part, but not all of this thread (given it is at 55 pages now), but how about props to the kid for making a commitment and sticking with it. Something many people complain about on the board of a kid de-committing, yet despite everything he believes tOSU is the best fit for him...kind of impressive in many ways.
I agree. He is one of those kids that just have that Character built within themselvs, like Burkhead and Abdullah, that is the main reason I felt he wasn't coming to Lincoln. I hope he has a great career and if he plays against us, he has his worst outing of his career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back