• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Speculation on Joe Burrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:

Looks like Ohio State is about to lose a QB commit.....Torrance Gibson may flip to Auburn....there had been rumblings the past week or two that he was looking around....perhaps that shaped Joe Burrow's opinion a bit.....in my view he is the better of the two prospects.....big loss for Ohio State if it happens....

American Heritage (Plantation, Fla.) four-star dual-threat quarterback Torrance Gibson is committed to Ohio State, but he's not completely sure of his decision to be a Buckeye. Not after this weekend. Gibson, ranked the No. 13 dual-threat quarterback, was one of more than 20 recruits in Auburn on an official visit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Torrance-Gibson-136015

Last edited:
41 comments Dual-threat QB Torrance Gibson says Gus Malzahn 'told me I'm his guy'

FYI.....going to LSU next week.....

"I sat in Gus Malzahn's office and he told me I'm his guy," Gibson said Sunday. "He wants me to come in and get a fair opportunity at playing quarterback. That's what he told me, and I believe him. Look what he did with Cam Newton in one year and Nick Marshall in two. Imagine what he could do with me in three."

Gibson's desire to play quarterback seems to be the biggest factor in his recruitment, although many coaches have him pegged as an athlete given his versatility and 6-foot-4, 204-pound frame. Ohio State is currently loaded at the quarterback position Braxton Miller, J.T. Barrett and Cardale Jones on the roster, and Gibson is beginning to worry he'll have to sit on the bench for quite some time in Columbus.

"That's pretty tough," Gibson said. "I would have no problem redshirting, but sitting two or three years -- that's not what I have to do. I want to come in, get a fair opportunity to play quarterback.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/dual-threat_qb_torrance_gibson.html

Last edited:

If he truly wants to play QB, this would be a smart move for Gibson IMO. Aren't the buckeyes high on the kid redshirting this year, too? My guess is Urban promises him a chance at QB and then moves him to a different position sooner than later.

Gibson to me has a higher upside than Burrow....in my opinion.....but yeah you may have nailed it.....and I think he realizes that he and Burrow are going to sit for awhile in Columbus....

Then again Burrow may have sat for awhile in Lincoln too....we have some talent ourselves as Sam noted too....its just waiting for a fair shot at the job which will happen in the Spring and Fall....

If he truly wants to play QB, this would be a smart move for Gibson IMO. Aren't the buckeyes high on the kid redshirting this year, too? My guess is Urban promises him a chance at QB and then moves him to a different position sooner than later.

Looks like Ohio State is about to lose a QB commit.....Torrance Gibson may flip to Auburn....there had been rumblings the past week or two that he was looking around....perhaps that shaped Joe Burrow's opinion a bit.....in my view he is the better of the two prospects.....big loss for Ohio State if it happens....

Impossible, we were just told by an "Oracle" a couple pages back that Urban doesn't lose guys he wants.

That gives some perspective to Burrow's decision. Considering he would probably redshirt anyway, he could be top dog by his RS sophomore year.

I think it does add perspective to it....with Gibson likely gone it makes the path a lot easier....

That gives some perspective to Burrow's decision. Considering he would probably redshirt anyway, he could be top dog by his RS sophomore year.

Gibson to me has a higher upside than Burrow....in my opinion.....but yeah you may have nailed it.....and I think he realizes that he and Burrow are going to sit for awhile in Columbus....

Then again Burrow may have sat for awhile in Lincoln too....we have some talent ourselves as Sam noted too....its just waiting for a fair shot at the job which will happen in the Spring and Fall....

Gibson may have more upside, but he is not the Ohio POY. There is considerable pressure to keep the POY instate. From a marketing perspective, they are both great prospects but Burrow is a win-win. If OSU had to choose between the two, they take Burrow. Perhaps Burrow's about-face starts to make a bit more sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back