• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BREAKING: OU's Mike Stoops is Interviewing With Les Miles, LSU

Voice Of Reason

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Norman - I've learned OU Defensive Coordinator Mike Stoops is scheduled to interview for the same position at LSU with head coach Les Miles. Sources tell me it's expected Stoops will be offered the job when the two meet in Dallas tonight at 6 p.m. If offered, Stoops would take a couple of days to make the decision whether to leave brother Bob's staff, where he has served the last three seasons as associate head coach and defensive coordinator

http://www.news9.com/story/27753592/breaking-ous-mike-stoops-to-interview-with-les-miles-lsu

Coincidentally, Pelini is lifetime friends of Youngstown, OH natives Bob and Mike Stoops and replaced Stoops as OU's co-defensive coordinator for the 2004 national championship game season when Stoops left to become head coach at Arizona from 2004-2011.

Suppose Bob Stoops would offer Bo his old job back?

I wouldn't think he's very comfortable in Oklahoma presently... just say'n.

I think that seat is starting to get a little warm. He's a really good coach. I just wonder if maybe the message didn't get stale in Norman.

Much to the suggestion that Bob is encouraging him to leave, so he doesn't have to fire him. Changes need to be made on that staff. Also, Mike struggles with defending a spread (although no one plays defense in the Big12). Not as many in the SEC, although it is gravitating that way quickly. Contrary to what 24 says, the heat on Bob is being turned up, not to the point of firing him, but his seat is heating up.

If mike leaves, it will NOT be the only change that happens on that staff this off season. Lots of people unhappy with BS. Bob needs a change, been getting stale, lazy, and fat at OU over the past 5 years. If our AD was paying attention, a call down south could not have hurt. Would have had to open the vault though.

Much to the suggestion that Bob is encouraging him to leave, so he doesn't have to fire him. Changes need to be made on that staff. Also, Mike struggles with defending a spread (although no one plays defense in the Big12). Not as many in the SEC, although it is gravitating that way quickly. Contrary to what 24 says, the heat on Bob is being turned up, not to the point of firing him, but his seat is heating up.

If mike leaves, it will NOT be the only change that happens on that staff this off season. Lots of people unhappy with BS. Bob needs a change, been getting stale, lazy, and fat at OU over the past 5 years. If our AD was paying attention, a call down south could not have hurt. Would have had to open the vault though.

So basically he isn't in trouble just like I said. Thanks for agreeing with me.

If you think Nebraska had any shot at getting Bob Stoops you are dumber than I thought and that's pretty dumb.

So basically he isn't in trouble just like I said. Thanks for agreeing with me.

If you think Nebraska had any shot at getting Bob Stoops you are dumber than I thought and that's pretty dumb.
You have absolutely no idea. And your suppose to be a fan. Lol. I actually know quite a bit about your program, sadly, probably more than you will ever know. Must be why you hang out on a Husker board so much. :lol:

Last edited:
You have absolutely no idea. And your suppose to be a fan. Lol. I actually know quite a bit about your program, sadly, probably more than you will ever know. Must be why you hang out on a Husker board so much. :lol:

I have forgotten more about OU football then you will ever know. All of your information comes from callers to the Sports Animal. I hang out here just to see what idiot thing you will say next and I usually don't have to wait long. :lol:

I have forgotten more about OU football then you will ever know. All of your information comes from callers to the Sports Animal. I hang out here just to see what idiot thing you will say next and I usually don't have to wait long. :lol:
I don't listen to the sports animal. Thanks for that name calling. And I doubt the ou knowledge, but whatever you say chief. The only thing you have conviently forgot about OU football is its brutal probation history!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back