• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Ohio State - B1G Qtr Final (1:30pm CDT)

Up 18 in the second half and blew it. From the ultimate high to an exasperating, disappointing low, Nebraska Basketball. Don't think the committee on Sunday will look favorably at the second half choke. I have cheered for those guys all year long. Damn. Margaritas tonight for sure.

If they can be OK with the way Iowa finished the season then a 4 point loss to higher ranked team on a neutral floor won't be held against us. It's disappointing but it's not fatal. I still like our chances of winning an NCAA tournament game.

You may be proud of the team for what they had accomplished to now; but, I'm telling you now, biggest choke game of the year! :mad:

See you on the baseball forum in less than an hour. :(

Last edited:

Why in the hell did they run the same inbounds play time and again when it didn't work the first time.. and the time before that, and the time before that?

Last edited:

Isn't that the way it always is? NU played crappy down the stretch, they were extremely out hustled.

OSU got a bunch of offensive boards and second-chance points. That was a killer. Not to mention their defensive pressure -- but I'm more disappointed on the way we let the Buckeyes dominate the boards late -- and it was pure out-hustling the Huskers that got them the second chances.

Last edited:
OSU got a bunch of offensive boards and second-chance points. That was a killer. Not to mention their defensive pressure -- but I'm more disappointed on the way we let the Buckeyes dominate the boards late.

agreed, we went into protect mode and stop attacking.. stopped doing what was working.

:wave: BlueCreek.

Certainly the officiating was a factor. But Nebraska played very atypical Nebraska basketball late. Instead of being composed and confident, they looked lost and scared.

Valid points HWM. They aren't accustomed to being in this kind of position so perhaps the pressure got to them when the Buckeyes started to close the gap. Hopefully the HUSKERS will gain some very valuable experience from this.

Definitely not a good showing! Came out tight, fought and got back into the game. Lack of effort in the last ten minutes. This will be a huge learning point for this young team. When you are up 18, you have to keep working! Two things to work on boxing out when playing zone. Way too much turning and looking for the ball. And inbounding the ball:banghead: Not sure what that circle thing was, but no one broke for the ball until three seconds in.

Well, let's hope for the best and see what the committee thinks!!:N:

Agonizing final 10+ minutes :mad: ... a slow motion train wreck.

sad.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back