• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked In Attempt to Tear Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite frankly I could care less if they think I'm 1911 or not. I understand you guys have this weird fetish with the guy but whatever floats your boat. Maybe learn to read and see that these guys are the ones enamored with 1911, I could care less. And yes he's a good poster so meh, whatever. Continue on with your Bo fantasies.

You guys, nothing. I don't know who he is and never claimed to. No connection what so ever. You apparently had some connection with him because when asked if you were the guy you said no but was very complimentary of him. Then you are getting all butt hurt because he keeps getting reference every time you post.

You claim not to careless, but your last few post say the opposite......I'm just stating, just ignore it and move on with what you were discussing before the accusation was made..........geez.

Exactly. Many look at what Pelini hasn't done an access judgement on him. But I like to look at what he has done and see that he has the ability to do anything that any of these other coaches whom have won the games we would like to be winning has done. Did Watson all of a sudden become a better coordinator when he left Lincoln or did he get a gift athlete to execute his scheme on the field.

Pelini took a unit that looked like a scout team in 2007 and turned it into a strong unit in 2008, a dominant unit in 2009, and a unit that made NFL prospects look like redshirt freshmen in 2010. That's when he had the athletes to accomplish what he need to be done on the field. Look at the two down years when it came to the over all talent. 2011, 3 preseason AAs but only 1 (L.David) played the entire season and stayed healthy. We lost Crick after I think 4 or 5 games. Denard came in during the 3rd or 4th game but was never 100%. 2012 we didn't even have the luxury of those 3, yet we still had one of the best pass defenses in the nation and able to win 10 games. Think about what could have been with a playmaking QB on any of the seasons Pelini was here. (for the sake of putting a name on the playmaker I'll use GFCF for Gill/Frazier/Crouch/Frost....;))

2008, Ganz was exactly what we needed to help the defense get use to a new staff. But a GFCF like player could have beat VT & TTU that season. Maybe put more pressure or beat Mizzou/OU......that would have been a BCS bowl season.

2009, So many excuses for Lee, but point is, he just wasn't that good. With GFCF, this season has 1 loss......maybe. VT is ours, Iowa St is ours, TTU, if a true freshman C.Green can come in and score right away, I believe GFCF would have had the second team in the game by the start of the 4th. And the .01 vs Texas would have never existed. 09's defense was wasted so much and IMO, we still don't realize how great that unit was.

2010, Healthy Martinez comes in with raw ability but exposed early by SDSU and it became the formula most used throughout his career to keep him from excelling. With GFCF, we are undefeated. We didn't face not one dominant defense to keep us in check on offense. We beat ourselves in each of the 4 losses. The first disappointing offseason for Bo.

2011, Martinez is back and so is his flaws, with a new conference. With GFCF, we may have still lost @Wisc and @Mich, but the games would have been much more competitive. We beat NwU hands down and SoCarolina never see the Huskers because we replace Michigan in a BCS bowl.

2012, GFCF lead regardless passed UCLA in Pasadena. OSU may still be a loss given the defense we fielded that season, but we still make it to the Rose Bowl. Beating Wisconsin because we don't shoot our selfs in the foot out the gate.

2013, With GFCF we keep the lead at home vs UCLA. We don't turn the ball over 5 times to a team that we otherwise outplayed 4 qtrs in Michigan St. Minnesota's defense would not have contained Gill and we don't start getting desperate vs Iowa.

Again, this is not a diss to any of the QBs who played during these games in any of these seasons, but a Gill/Frazier/Crouch/Frost changes those seasons to make Pelini look elite. Look what he did without one.

Having a true play maker at the QB position changes everything. Just ask 2010 Auburn, 2005 Texas, 2013 FSU, etc... You are correct in your assessment of Lee and Ganz, great guys but just serviceable QB's. If we have a 100% healthy TM this year everything is way different. I also truly believe that if TM is benched against Minny or doesn't even start we win that game and change the narration of the season. That is my biggest issue with Bo this year. Why in the heck TM played that entire game when it was obvious in the first quarter that he was just a shell of himself. I see great things on the horizon for this program, it is a real shame others cannot.

C

Waaa! Please don't try to riducule poor HRD as less of a fan!

Of course, when I read him call out another fan as a "hater" just a few posts later...well, you just can't make this stuff up! Poor Bo-lievers, they are so persecuted...

GFoA....it must hurt to almost be right only to wake up and see that the coach you despise so much is still working in Lincoln. Well, you have a lot more followers than you did a season or two ago, keep marching, maybe the results you look for will manifest itself......:lol:

Having a true play maker at the QB position changes everything. Just ask 2010 Auburn, 2005 Texas, 2013 FSU, etc... You are correct in your assessment of Lee and Ganz, great guys but just serviceable QB's. If we have a 100% healthy TM this year everything is way different. I also truly believe that if TM is benched against Minny or doesn't even start we win that game and change the narration of the season. That is my biggest issue with Bo this year. Why in the heck TM played that entire game when it was obvious in the first quarter that he was just a shell of himself. I see great things on the horizon for this program, it is a real shame others cannot.

C

Agree. Especially on the Martinez vs Minnesota....Bo showed his old self again (remember aTm). This program is so close to where it wants to be. It was 2 or 3 injuries from accomplishing it this year. If we can out play Michigan St being a shell of ourselves and giving them 5 turnovers in the process, then I have no doubt we couldn't have been OSU in the CCG healthy.

You guys, nothing. I don't know who he is and never claimed to. No connection what so ever. You apparently had some connection with him because when asked if you were the guy you said no but was very complimentary of him. Then you are getting all butt hurt because he keeps getting reference every time you post.

You claim not to careless, but your last few post say the opposite......I'm just stating, just ignore it and move on with what you were discussing before the accusation was made..........geez.
You guys nothing eh, remember this
:) So, you know who he is huh?

Like you say, you have no connection to him but you come in a thread with this ridiculous statement. In fact, here you bring him up again saying I apparently have some connection and one sentence later say
I'm just stating, just ignore it and move on with what you were discussing before the accusation was made..........geez

You can't even make this type of stuff up. In all honesty, I didn't even get the whole 1911 reference when it started with all the gun pictures and such, did you see me even say 1911 until the guy who said 1911 was stalking him asked me if I was Husker1911? It is absolutely proof positive to me how you guys come to the conclusion Nebraska is on the fringe of greatness and Bo Pelini is a good coach. And I don't have any connection with 1911 other than reading his posts the last decade plus. I have the same connection to him as I do with Sonuvahusker, Huskerborn, and you, other than I didn't read any of their posts the last 6-8 years. The last post I remember reading was one where a guy named Rojo said he was out of here and he had been another of the original posters that made Huskerpedia unique place to be in the 4 years leading up to 2002-2003. Then it turned into exactly what this thread did with the same cast of characters and their weird little world of make believe and not talking about football

And I'm guessing you missed the joke also.......not a surprise. Here I'll help you........time zone, I just used it to go the opposite direction towards the other coast....inside jokes aren't as funny on a football board.....lesson learned.....
I'm still missing the joke but please elaborate further with a more detailed explanation, considering you said it to me I must be the one supposedly on the inside of said joke.

I'm still missing the joke but please elaborate further with a more detailed explanation, considering you said it to me I must be the one supposedly on the inside of said joke.

I never once said you were 1911, I only said what kind of a person 1911 WAS, maybe he changed.. Like did, I was a jerk back in the day, trying to not be anymore. Anyway, to end all of this just say who you were back in the day. It is clear you posted back then so why not just say who you were?

Who said anything about 1911 being from La Vista? Try to focus here, my good friend!

With the advantage of hindsight, we know today how much it would have benefitted the program back then if we had made a change. Like I said, a missed opportunity.
I thought we did make a change, a huge change that did benefit the Huskers but only after one more bowl game against Miamis smothering defense, then the lights clicked on in the attic. I wouldn't think a defensive Guru would need a quarter century to see what areas of weakness we have and recruit and game plan appropriately

I thought we did make a change, a huge change that did benefit the Huskers but only after one more bowl game against Miamis smothering defense, then the lights clicked on in the attic. I wouldn't think a defensive Guru would need a quarter century to see what areas of weakness we have and recruit and game plan appropriately

Weird, you once again ignored my question.. To end all of this just say who you were back in the day. It is clear you posted back then so why not just say who you were? Obviously, you are not 1911 , right?

Alright enough of the personal stuff in this thread too....one and only warning....anymore and thread gets locked too....

Thnx,

RR

You guys nothing eh, remember this

Like you say, you have no connection to him but you come in a thread with this ridiculous statement. In fact, here you bring him up again saying I apparently have some connection and one sentence later say

You can't even make this type of stuff up. In all honesty, I didn't even get the whole 1911 reference when it started with all the gun pictures and such, did you see me even say 1911 until the guy who said 1911 was stalking him asked me if I was Husker1911? It is absolutely proof positive to me how you guys come to the conclusion Nebraska is on the fringe of greatness and Bo Pelini is a good coach. And I don't have any connection with 1911 other than reading his posts the last decade plus. I have the same connection to him as I do with Sonuvahusker, Huskerborn, and you, other than I didn't read any of their posts the last 6-8 years. The last post I remember reading was one where a guy named Rojo said he was out of here and he had been another of the original posters that made Huskerpedia unique place to be in the 4 years leading up to 2002-2003. Then it turned into exactly what this thread did with the same cast of characters and their weird little world of make believe and not talking about football

My comments was laughing at the situation. If you couldn't see that then it explains why other posters are having so much fun referencing it with your posts.

As I stated I have no connection with this 1911 character, don't know who he is, never heard of him, etc.....So, I have no reason to think you are this guy nor will attempt to say you are. I just think it's funny that they ask are "he" and you say no but are very complimentary of this guy as if you were a huge fan of his posts, then you are getting butt hurt for the fact that others are still mentioning him after your next few posts. From the outside looking in, I would think that maybe what the other posters are referencing have some merit to it......but again, I don't care, I simply thought it was funny..... Nothing more.....when I seen that you were getting emotional about there comments, I'm thinking "why won't you just ignore the comments and just carry on with your conversation before the name was brought up" which is why I said so. But apparently you are too emotionally connected to the accusation that you and this 1911 guy have more connection than you have admitted. It is what it is. I'm still laughing over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back