• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Twitter and Recruiting (now known as: Thread of Misinformation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which schedule in the last 10 years was easier?

Feel free to peruse this link. Some regard NU's '07 schedule as terribly difficult. That link has it at #45 (and the current year at #41). I'm not going to list them all out, but I have think that the other schedules from the mid-00s were also easier. Feel free to verify.

By comparison, Massey ranked NU's SOS at 57 prior to the bowl. Depending on how the bowl season wraps up, NU's schedule may move either direction. As of now, per Massey's at least '04 was easier.

2004 was #60.

2005 was #36.

2006 was #45.

2007 was #25.

2008 was #25.

2009 was #29.

2010 was #29.

2011 was #26.

2012 was #25.

Interesting to see that save this year, NU has faced generally pretty difficult schedules while putting together the 5 (going on 6) 9+ win seasons.

Also interesting is the fact that NU has faced much tougher schedules on average since Bo took over, and even since moving to the B10.

Feel free to peruse this link. Some regard NU's '07 schedule as terribly difficult. That link has it at #45 (and the current year at #41). I'm not going to list them all out, but I have think that the other schedules from the mid-00s were also easier. Feel free to verify.

By comparison, Massey ranked NU's SOS at 57 prior to the bowl. Depending on how the bowl season wraps up, NU's schedule may move either direction. As of now, per Massey's at least '04 was easier.

2004 was #60.

2005 was #36.

2006 was #45.

2007 was #25.

2008 was #25.

2009 was #29.

2010 was #29.

2011 was #26.

2012 was #25.

Interesting to see that save this year, NU has faced generally pretty difficult schedules while putting together the 5 (going on 6) 9+ win seasons.

Also interesting is the fact that NU has faced much tougher schedules on average since Bo took over, and even since moving to the B10.
Let me help you out a little here since we can't use our eyes to see a tough SOS

Before we begin make sure you read this nice little note they have that factors in to their rankings, it is a betting site so.....It is a site you trust so you knew this already I'm sure

NOTE: The stats on this page include data ONLY from games involving two FBS schools.
LOL why even waste the time, the Huskers can struggle against teams not in the FBS these days, so the site is irrelevant

Your little betting link has 2007 SOS as

#1 OU
Basically the PAC 10 and and 2 SEC teams obviously
#7 KU
#8 Missou

This little site also made with Crayons has http://www.gberatings.com/past/2007/ratings
#3 Missou
#4 Kansas

Now lets look at the Non Conference shall we

Kansas
CMU - Memorial Stadium • Lawrence, KS
SE Louisiana - Memorial Stadium • Lawrence, KS
Toledo - Memorial Stadium • Lawrence, KS
Florida International - Memorial Stadium • Lawrence, KS

Missou

vs. Illinois - Edward Jones Dome • St. Louis, MO (Arch Rivalry)
at Ole Miss - Vaught–Hemingway Stadium • Oxford, MS
Western Michigan - Faurot Field • Columbia, MO
Illinois State - Faurot Field • Columbia, MO

Now the Huskers

Nevada - Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE
Wake Forest - BB&T Field • Winston-Salem, NC *****Wake ended the season 9-4 by the way, this seems to impress somebody so we'll say they were a year or two from being National Champs
#1 USC - Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE
Ball State - Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE

Now why wasn't Nebraska #1? Because they weren't in a BCS bowl game or any bowl game for that matter

Now granted Kansas played Baylor while we played lowly lil Texas instead so maybe that was where they gained so much power in their schedule, but I'll lean on the fact they went to a BCS Bowl Game
Missou played Texas Tech and OU ( exposed as fraud yet again, Big Game Bob!) so I'll give that a wash since we Played USC and Texas, actually I won't because USC would have destroyed any of the 3 Top 10 Big XII finalists

Now try again except a little harder next time sort of like our media that proclaimed we were 14-1 against unranked teams earlier this year....thats was a lol, if there ever were one and it seems that may have jinxed us

And also saying Pelini has faced tough schedules, I suggest actually watching the games sometime in the future, it may help your argument, If I had more time I would shred that statement as well

I will give you that 04 was abysmal but since Solich left Callahan Joe Dailey and the rest of his top rated recruits, I'll give him a pass on trying to fix Crouch left/Lord right year 1.

Pelini did do well his first 2 years even with the terrible recruits Callahan left him like Suh, Amuka, Henery, Swift, Slauson, Dennard, Dillard (dog house anyone), Williams, Murtha, Glenn, Niles Paul, Potter, Turner I would continue but I feel so sorry for poor Bo

Don't pay attention to facts and keep telling yourself this was a tough schedule this year or any of the last 6 minus maybe 09 when the Callahan recruits had matured.

You would have to go back to 95 to even remotely equal 07 but since we didn't go to a bowl, if you would drop the 95 Bowl and go off regular season, 07 looks pretty stout sporting #1 USC ( at the time, since people like preseason rankings around here)

Last edited:

Stop the misinformation. This is not even the easiest schedule of the last 10 years.

And quit pretending you know that Bo was trying to go get fired. It's an absurd assertion of which you have zero actual evidence. In fact, his whole attitude and demeanor after finding out he'd be retained has shown he is happy to be at Nebraska, not disappointed he didn't get fired.
He's not misinforming anyone, he's stating what everyone has clearly witnessed. I wouldn't say this is the weakest schedule in the last 10 years, I may bump that to 50 years. Most certainly the weakest I remember even with those cupcake schedules we waltzed thru with Osborne, but in those days everyone wanted to beat Nebraska and we got everyones best game and we usually played 1-2 quality opponents other than OU. Now if you beat us, it's like beating Wyoming or Minnesota so we probably sneak up on a few here and there

We shall see just how good our schedule was with the only 2 teams that were remotely decent MSU and UCLA.

As far as Bo trying to not get fired with his Black Friday fiasco, you may be right, he may love it here so much he wanted to make for certain no other school would ever approach him for a job ever again. Interesting concept

Last edited:
Yep, there are just some situations where a fake isn't a good idea. I will always remember John Mackovic running that pass play on 4th & 1 instead of punting in the 1996 Big 12 championship game. It worked out in the end, and he was praised for it, but that was just a dumb, bone-headed call at the time.

Sometimes you get lucky when you make a dumb call... most of the time you don't (Saban's decision not to kick a field goal from the 12 yard line in the 4th quarter vs. Auburn).
I was at that first ever Big XII CCG game and that was a brilliant call, the way Brown was having his way with the Huskers all day long the DBs were crashing down on a 4th an inches no matter what. Might be one of the few gimmie plays ever called. If there were ever a game that felt like the 2002 CU game, for me it was that CCG. Texas averaged 9 yards per play, the Huskers weren't stopping anybody. Bad timing for Farley to be out driving around drunk, they changed the entire defensive scheme and Texas licked their chops all day.

That performance was a perfect example of how to beat the methodical "wear you down" Nebraska Cornhuskers

Prolly wanted him fired.
Probably, I know I didn't really give a hoot about him sniffing around CU for a job at the time but after the decades of knowing we couldn't win the big one there was this weird sense he was always going to choke but we liked being in the top 5-10 yearly so I think the whole state just turned it's heads and said " Maybe next year" I wouldn't call it apathy but it resembled it. As much as everyone places Osborne on a pedestal, McBride was in my opinion the main reason we appeared so dominating. Good thing he learned a thing or two from all those thrashings we got from Miami and FSU ( grab some speedy thugs)

I was at that first ever Big XII CCG game and that was a brilliant call, the way Brown was having his way with the Huskers all day long the DBs were crashing down on a 4th an inches no matter what. Might be one of the few gimmie plays ever called. If there were ever a game that felt like the 2002 CU game, for me it was that CCG. Texas averaged 9 yards per play, the Huskers weren't stopping anybody. Bad timing for Farley to be out driving around drunk, they changed the entire defensive scheme and Texas licked their chops all day.

That performance was a perfect example of how to beat the methodical "wear you down" Nebraska Cornhuskers

easy to wear down a team ravaged with the flu

Probably, I know I didn't really give a hoot about him sniffing around CU for a job at the time but after the decades of knowing we couldn't win the big one there was this weird sense he was always going to choke but we liked being in the top 5-10 yearly so I think the whole state just turned it's heads and said " Maybe next year" I wouldn't call it apathy but it resembled it. As much as everyone places Osborne on a pedestal, McBride was in my opinion the main reason we appeared so dominating. Good thing he learned a thing or two from all those thrashings we got from Miami and FSU ( grab some speedy thugs)

What's that I see? I think it's credibility flying out the window.

What's that I see? I think it's credibility flying out the window.
Oh it's not flying out the window, it's on the voyager spacecraft after posting 07 wasn't that tough of schedule but pelinis are using some betting site that only uses FBS schools in their rankings. I'm still hoping for a reply to that post to try your latest "spin" on the excuse train

Last edited:
Oh it's not flying out the window, it's on the voyager spacecraft after posting 07 wasn't that tough of schedule but pelinis are using some betting site that only uses FBS schools in their rankings. I'm still hoping for a reply to that post to try your latest "spin" on the excuse train

Perhaps you missed me stating "I haven't looked at their methodology but..."? Or maybe the Massey rankings that were also included in the post.

But hey, you think TO just "grabbed some speedy thugs" and won his NCs. You're obviously an expert on Nebraska football.

Time to trot back to BRB little one.

Easiest schedule in 50 years? Not a chance. This year's schedule will end up stronger than 2004's, at least. In 2004 we played against one ranked opponent.

This post tells me everything I need to know about your football knowledge. Had that pass fallen incomplete or been intercepted (James Brown threw two picks that day), Mackovic would have been considered the biggest goat in college football. They were inside their own 30 and had a 3 point lead with about 2:30 to go in the game. They were also playing against a team that didn't have a particularly potent passing game. Punt the ball, make Nebraska (who had struggled all day) work down the field with very little time left.

If that hadn't been completed, Nebraska would have been in field goal range without running a single play.

Dumb call that went Mackovic's way. Unfortunately for him, he made way too many other dumb calls that didn't go his way, and he was fired the following season.

Perhaps you missed me stating "I haven't looked at their methodology but..."? Or maybe the Massey rankings that were also included in the post.

But hey, you think TO just "grabbed some speedy thugs" and won his NCs. You're obviously an expert on Nebraska football.

Time to trot back to BRB little one.
So you come here after playing "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon" or better known as Massey Rankings mixed with betting calculators and then resort to calling someone 6'3" 230lb a little one. I would have to say you are, without a doubt, an expert on something. At some point you might actually make a statement based on fact and only then we will know what that something is.

This post tells me everything I need to know about your football knowledge. Had that pass fallen incomplete or been intercepted (James Brown threw two picks that day), Mackovic would have been considered the biggest goat in college football. They were inside their own 30 and had a 3 point lead with about 2:30 to go in the game. They were also playing against a team that didn't have a particularly potent passing game. Punt the ball, make Nebraska (who had struggled all day) work down the field with very little time left.

If that hadn't been completed, Nebraska would have been in field goal range without running a single play.

Dumb call that went Mackovic's way. Unfortunately for him, he made way too many other dumb calls that didn't go his way, and he was fired the following season.
And this post tells me everything I need to know, that you disagree with every single one of us in that stadium including both announcers, since you seem to have forgot, heres the call. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQp1BwfNgiE

Like I said, being at the game and watching it transpire to that point of the game there was no doubt that J. Brown was going to sneak, I think Musberger even says something to the effect of " There is little doubt of whats going to happen here" and thats why it was a brilliant call to a wide open receiver. I will go as far as saying that even in all the Sooner magic I witnessed over several decades and the blowout losses to Miami and FSU all of which I attended in person, I had never felt we didn't have a chance to win but this time was different starting with the pep rally the night before where the Longhorn fans rocked the Dome like I've never seen. We attempted a " Husker....... Power" or two but the Texas fans would smother us out almost laughingly while we sat there in our Back to Back wardrobe. The entire feel of that dome before, during and after tells me you weren't there and if you were, might be the only person in the Stadium including the announcers that doubted 4th and inches was a no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back