• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tim Beck's Salary

• Thread starter Deleted member 3561
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do turnovers somehow matter more or less in football now than they did then? :confused:

yes they seemed to bounce more Neb way back then as TO teams always, more the most, most of time , yet not all of the time came out on the plus side of turnovers...also looking at scoring. TO teams so often had games put away through three qts it really didn't matter as much.
Hell TO teams had the game in control before kick off. Folks use to be intimidated by the Huskers.

Last edited:

yes they seemed to bounce more Neb way back then as TO teams always, more the most, most of time , yet not all of the time came out on the plus side of turnovers...also looking at scoring. TO teams so often had games put away through three qts it really didn't matter as much.
Hell TO teams had the game in control before kick off. Folks use to be intimidated by the Huskers.

I know we don't all look at every thread, but it's been shown that Nebraska under Bo hasn't turned the ball over more frequently than most TO teams. I don't know why people want to continue to ignore this, other than it doesn't really fit the agenda.

I know we don't all look at every thread, but it's been shown that Nebraska under Bo hasn't turned the ball over more frequently than most TO teams. I don't know why people want to continue to ignore this, other than it doesn't really fit the agenda.

Well, theres two ways to look at that. The first, is, then we are good and have nothing to worry about aside from a couple turnovers a game. The 2nd is, we ran the ball about 95% of the time under TO where as now we are more along the lines of 60/40 run to pass. So to have the same amount or close to the same amount now, when running the ball maybe 30-35% less isnt good. Im not as worried as others because one of the most turnover prone players possibly ever graduates, not to be negative, its just a realistic fact.

It's also been shown that the turnover margin was better with TO's teams and ultimately that is what matters. Also, factor in how many times TO's teams were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers, which is a luxury that Bo hasn't been able to afford himself because of the tough, close games with the Wyoming's and Jackrabbit's of the world.

It's also been shown that the turnover margin was better with TO's teams and ultimately that is what matters. Also, factor in how many times TO's teams were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers, which is a luxury that Bo hasn't been able to afford himself because of the tough, close games with the Wyoming's and Jackrabbit's of the world.

I am still working on my participation stats for the year. So far I have Bo playing 52 kids against Iowa, 56 against PSU, 55 against MSU and Michigan.

Well I don't have an agenda so to speak I call it an opinion. As I have said you can look at it many ways.
I look at it through scoring. I was looking through the first years of TO compared to BO. maybe there were about the same turnovers but TO teams outscored the opponent per quarter by a huge margin compared to BOs teams. So when you are ahead by so much most of the game is that turnover going to cause more damage to the team that is ahead by a larger number or a team that is ahead by 7-10 points.
I looked at the 73-75 teams.
Lets use 75 NU had 23 turnovers yet they averaged 30 points a game and allowed 11 points on average.

So turnovers and when they are turned over make a huge difference

Well, theres two ways to look at that. The first, is, then we are good and have nothing to worry about aside from a couple turnovers a game. The 2nd is, we ran the ball about 95% of the time under TO where as now we are more along the lines of 60/40 run to pass. So to have the same amount or close to the same amount now, when running the ball maybe 30-35% less isnt good. Im not as worried as others because one of the most turnover prone players possibly ever graduates, not to be negative, its just a realistic fact.

Well I don't have an agenda so to speak I call it an opinion. As I have said you can look at it many ways.
I look at it through scoring. I was looking through the first years of TO compared to BO. maybe there were about the same turnovers but TO teams outscored the opponent per quarter by a huge margin compared to BOs teams. So when you are ahead by so much most of the game is that turnover going to cause more damage to the team that is ahead by a larger number or a team that is ahead by 7-10 points.
I looked at the 73-75 teams.
Lets use 75 NU had 23 turnovers yet they averaged 30 points a game and allowed 11 points on average.

So turnovers and when they are turned over make a huge difference

I agree that timing and turnover margin are important, but the argument has been that the team turns the ball over too often due to its head coach. I disagree with that analysis.

I agree that timing and turnover margin are important, but the argument has been that the team turns the ball over too often due to its head coach. I disagree with that analysis.

I think Bils summed it up in a nice little package:

Every individual turnover is the fault of the player. When it is epidemic over the course of several seasons...it is the fault of coaching. That much should be obvious

the south dakota state game was over at half time.

I think Bils summed it up in a nice little package:

Every individual turnover is the fault of the player. When it is epidemic over the course of several seasons...it is the fault of coaching. That much should be obvious

Who was at fault for Ahman Green's fumbling issues?

I don't at all mind Tim Beck being paid $700K. As I've said before when this topic comes up, in my opinion you pay the position and then evaluate the person who fills it accordingly. Nebraska should have a $700K OC. I hope that continues to factor into Beck's evaluation. For the record, I think he's doing pretty well overall, but next year will tell the tale.

I'd like to see us have a $700K DC too. The problem with having a guy at $300K is that if they don't do very well, you just say, well, he's only making $300K- what do you expect? If you pay the position, then you can compare him to the other guys nationwide being paid in the same range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back