• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ZERO 1st downs rushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Buck

Husker Fan
20 Year Member
by Michigan.
Realists, feel free to minimize, but this is the same defense you've been disparaging against pathetic competition all season.
Blackshirts (for skunkman) gave up ZERO 1st downs rushing

by Michigan.
Realists, feel free to minimize, but this is the same defense you've been disparaging against pathetic competition all season.
Blackshirts (for skunkman) gave up ZERO 1st downs rushing

don't get me wrong...D looked good.... BUT....

same d that allowed

wyo - 602 yrds
ucla - 504 yrds
sds - 465 yrds
minn - 430 yrds

one game does not make a "turn around"...

don't get me wrong...D looked good.... BUT....

same d that allowed

wyo - 602 yrds
ucla - 504 yrds
sds - 465 yrds
minn - 430 yrds

one game does not make a "turn around"...
you might want to check the last SEVEN quarters - looking like a trend
UM offense has as much talent as any of those other teams, sans UCLA

you might want to check the last SEVEN quarters - looking like a trend
UM offense has as much talent as any of those other teams, sans UCLA

Last 8 quarters for UM. And the Husker have more talent than all of those teams that punished us on defense. The Huskers are playing much better on defense but I think some are getting carried away. Michigan has been exposed and will likely struggle to win any games this year going forward. The impressive thing about the Husker defense is that they dominated the Wolverine offense. This defense couldn't do that to any offense a month ago, let alone a struggling one.

Minnesota beats NU again yesterday. You know that. don't be silly.

No they don't. What we've done differently defensively would have held Minnesota 150 yrds below that 430. My biggest complaint has been (and will remain) lack of fundamentals. Loss of contain. Poor tackling. Failure to prioritize run defense. Lack of intensity. Lack of offensive identity. They were cured yesterday...will that remain the case?

If we had played Minny with the sort of INTENSITY and FUNDAMENTALS that we've played with the last game and a half, we walk all over Minnesota.

I'm sure that you can ask *** or BPG what they thought of the defensive scheme..I can assure you that we did NOT run the same scheme we've been trotting out there the last 2 years. This is what we did for 25 mins against UCLA this year. The commitment to stopping the run is what I really want to see from a college defense. The mental toughness the last 2 weeks has been incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back