• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting article about penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like NU was penalized more the last years in the Big 12 and has seen slightly fewer penalties in the B1G.

Thankfully, there is very little correlation between penalties and win rate. Its obviously harder to win with more penalties, but year in and year out the least penalized teams are usually not in the top 25, and the top 10 is usually loaded with extremely penalized teams.

Thankfully, there is very little correlation between penalties and win rate. Its obviously harder to win with more penalties, but year in and year out the least penalized teams are usually not in the top 25, and the top 10 is usually loaded with extremely penalized teams.

Your signature is a penalty that I'm happy with.

tumblr_mel4s3RQA91rxhkrio1_500.jpg

Link?

Seems like I recall Oklahoma and Miami winning championships and being in the top ten in penalties. It was more about intimidation than anything. Getting into the other guys heads was their games.

from the chart, it seems like the most high octane offenses are more penalized.....oregon, t a&m, ucla, baylor, tex tech, miami, fla st, the teams that are the top of the total offensive stats for 2012....not sure what you're trying to do with this.....put in another subtle jab at nebr.....but according to the chart(& yeah we do need to cut down on penalties) the difference of 1.38, or essentially ONE MORE PENALTY a game, between us & Oh St isn't that earth shaking......

Last edited:

from the chart, it seems like the most high octane offenses are more penalized.....oregon, t a&m, ucla, baylor, tex tech, miami, fla st, the teams that are the top of the total offensive stats for 2012....not sure what you're trying to do with this.....put in another subtle jab at nebr.....but according to the chart(& yeah we do need to cut down on penalties) the difference of 1.38, or essentially ONE MORE PENALTY a game, between us & Oh St isn't that earth shaking......

Paranoia will self-destroy ya. Thanks for agreeing with something I didn't even say.

When you have a high octane offense you will get a lot of penalties. The more plays you run the more penalties you will get. For the 2013 season, I want to see fewer penalties that are pre-snap. The turnovers is what needs to drastically improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back