• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked tOSU offers Finnin: Not interested and will not visit Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best to let it go. You've made a great point several times now. Its not your fault if, for some reason, some have viewed it as an affront to the class/staff/HM users.

Let's fend off the big boys for another week, and finish this class out strong. GBR!

images

IDK man... I think if they can convince him to visit, and he's willing to visit (which means he's not totally committed to Nebraska), that he's as good as gone.

Well, we do know that OSU has used illegal inducements in the past, so I wouldn't put it past Meyer to let the alums do a little "glad-handing" if he visits., so you may be right.

However, just because a kid takes a visit does not automatically mean that he's as good as gone. I hope he's not.

A thought on "poaching" late in the recruiting cycle to fill out the class. It would be great to poach recruits from the likes of LSU, FSU, FL, USC, OSU...etc. However, I believe that this will always be tough for schools like Neb, due to the fact that many times, not always, but many times, this late poaching is also geo/regional based. That is, LSU was going after a Lousi. kid, Auburn after a FL kid..and this seems to play itself out as I look at the late visits across the nation. Mizzou getting a late visit from a RB (fm Mizzou) committed to OSU, Texas going after Texas kids committed to Oregon.

If there were high 3 star kids from Neb, the Dakotas, Iowa that were committed to OSU, FSU or LSU; Neb would stand a better chance to go "poach" a recruits from another high powered program.

A thought on "poaching" late in the recruiting cycle to fill out the class. It would be great to poach recruits from the likes of LSU, FSU, FL, USC, OSU...etc. However, I believe that this will always be tough for schools like Neb, due to the fact that many times, not always, but many times, this late poaching is also geo/regional based. That is, LSU was going after a Lousi. kid, Auburn after a FL kid..and this seems to play itself out as I look at the late visits across the nation. Mizzou getting a late visit from a RB (fm Mizzou) committed to OSU, Texas going after Texas kids committed to Oregon.

If there were high 3 star kids from Neb, the Dakotas, Iowa that were committed to OSU, FSU or LSU; Neb would stand a better chance to go "poach" a recruits from another high powered program.

When LSU poops on a kid and tells him this late that he will only get a greyshirt, then that is when we should swoop in!

Tweets are saying that Finnin is staying he will NOT visit tOSU!

whose tweets?
what tweets?
where tweets?
:Biggrin:

seriously, does this mean Scoutrivals247 will take that 4th star away they just gave him for getting interest from Urban?

We can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of such local kids that have ever chosen (been offered) to go to a school like USC, OSU, FSU, AL, or LSU.

Last edited:
Rest of the story....Les Miles came calling again and wanted him to visit after he committed to Nebraska...and he said 'no'....

When LSU poops on a kid and tells him this late that he will only get a greyshirt, then that is when we should swoop in!

Finnin is not going to Ohio State...

He is solid to the Huskers and has no interest in visiting Ohio State.....:)

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan "@Kevin_Noon: JUCO OL Matt Finnin has just informed me that he will not take a visit to OSU and remains solid in his commit to #Nebraska"

Brad Bournival ‏<S>@</S>bbournival
update on the fastest recruitment of an <S>#</S>OhioState <S>#</S>Buckeeys target ever in Matt Finnin http://es.pn/U3jnIZ

Great news then, thanks for sharing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back