• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers -2.5 Over/Under 48: Update -3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin was favored by 1 over 12-0 Ohio State...what does that say about Ohio State? Gimmie a break....

A 2.5 fav against a 5 loss team..what does this say about us other than we hope we win and dont have to face an SEC team in a Fla bowl. It will be ugly if that happens folks trust me

Huskers -2.5 Over/Under 48

Two concussions? Abberderus should be out. Usually requires more than one week out.

With a 3rd string QB, and no go-to receiver, I think the focus should be pressure on the running game/QB

A 2.5 fav against a 5 loss team..what does this say about us other than we hope we win and dont have to face an SEC team in a Fla bowl. It will be ugly if that happens folks trust me

It says Nebraska only beat Wisconsin by 3 in Lincoln earlier this season. It says Nebraska tends to play close games -- only two of Nebraska's conference wins were by double-digits. It says when Wisconsin loses, it's close (four of five losses were by 3 ... the other by 7). And it says that percentages show rematches tend to be difficult for the team that won the first game.

There is plenty of justification for this line.

Ridiculous line...we should be favored by a touchdown. Vegas is going to lose their behinds on this one. Take Nebraska all day on this line.

Last edited:

It says Nebraska only beat Wisconsin by 3 in Lincoln earlier this season. It says Nebraska tends to play close games -- only two of Nebraska's conference wins were by double-digits. It says when Wisconsin loses, it's close (four of five losses were by 3 ... the other by 7). And it says that percentages show rematches tend to be difficult for the team that won the first game.

There is plenty of justification for this line.

If we don't make extremely stupid mistake vs. Wisky the first time, we would have beaten them by nearly 20 points. I think we roll in this game...win by double digits.

If we don't make extremely stupid mistake vs. Wisky the first time, we would have beaten them by nearly 20 points. I think we roll in this game...win by double digits.

We might very well. But how many games this season can we use "if this or if that we should roll" and it doesn't happen. How many above-average teams did Nebraska beat by double-digits this season? One. Michigan. Absolutely Nebraska deserves tons of praise for never giving up and knowing how to pull out victories. They've done that plenty of times in 2012. But rolling decent teams -- they haven't had a knack for that. Doesn't mean it can't or won't happen -- but it does mean there's plenty of history for both Nebraska and Wisconsin this season to suggest -- so far as setting a line is concerned -- that it should be close. Doesn't mean it will be -- but Vegas isn't making a prediction so much as it's setting a line that's reasonable based on recent history.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back