• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Green down to 2 schools Bleacher Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said in past threads that I've been leary of Cal getting Green. They have sent a large number of RB's to the pros within the past several years. (done patting myself on the back ).

Cal already has two RBs (3 and 4-star) in their class.....with Texas and Florida State both signing 5***** RB's this past week you figured they were eliminated....doesn't hurt we have his brother onboard already....:)

Although its not a done deal you really have to like our chances now....I've felt we have been the leader for the past few months and this just confirms that...:)

Dang Red. I was just on the Cal's rival site to look at their recruiting status regarding RBs and was about to report it back here. You're quick on the keyboard man.

LOL buck....I already knew it as I have been tracking our competition since Aaron had narrowed his picks to Nebraska, Florida State, Cal and Texas....

FWIW I will be gob-stopped if we don't land his commit now...

Dang Red. I was just on the Cal's rival site to look at their recruiting status regarding RBs and was about to report it back here. You're quick on the keyboard man.

Rivals rated him a 4**** 5.8 Position Ranking #9

Rivals.com Rivals250 2009
Rivals.com all-purpose backs 2009 (9)
Rivals.com Texas Postseason Top 100 2009 (28)
DMN Area Top 100 - 2009 (21)

Reading... Reading... Reading...

REX BURKHEAD WAS ONLY A 3 STAR?!

Rivals rated him a 4**** 5.8 Position Ranking #9

Rivals.com Rivals250 2009
Rivals.com all-purpose backs 2009 (9)
Rivals.com Texas Postseason Top 100 2009 (28)
DMN Area Top 100 - 2009 (21)

Whew. Okay. The article mentioned we haven't had a 5* back since Lucky... Mendoza was a 4* and then they said Rex was a 3. I was about to officially give up on Rivals and Scouts... Guess I'll have to delay the inevitable. :)

Someone hit the wrong key...:) :)

Green has a good chance to be a 5***** before the season is over....but unlike the headline says he is not a 5***** yet...

4**** 6.0

Rivals.com Rivals100 2011 (28)
Rivals.com running backs 2011 (5)
Rivals.com Texas Preseason Top 100 2011 (3)
Rivals.com Texas Preseason Top 100 2011 (3)

Ht:5'11"
Wt:191 lbs
40:4.4 secs
Bench Max:355
Bench Reps:23
Squat Max:410
Shuttle:4.07
Vertical:33 inches
Class:2011 (High School)

Whew. Okay. The article mentioned we haven't had a 5* back since Lucky... Mendoza was a 4* and then they said Rex was a 3. I was about to officially give up on Rivals and Scouts... Guess I'll have to delay the inevitable. :)

Last edited:
Scouting Report on Aaron Green

08/09/2010

On the Hoof: Very lean build with almost no body fat. He has the frame to add at least 15 more pounds of muscle mass. His build is similar to fellow Texan Lache Seastrunk.

Needs Improvement: Watching the ball all the way into his hands before turning up field is a necessity if he is to have an impact in the passing game. Green must also prove he has the durability to become an every-down back at the next level.

Most Impressive: Has the ability to change directions on a dime while reaching top speed in a blink of an eye. Green's speed makes him a homerun threat from any point on the field. His skill set could make him a threat as a return man in the kicking game.

Conclusion: Look for Green to get early looks as a return man in the kicking game. If he proves to have the toughness and smarts to pick up different blitzes he could also see time in long-yardage situations. If he stays healthy, he should become a star in the long run wherever he goes because of his sickening explosiveness.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Green-84784

He looks really solid as a RB, and, I can easily see him in scarlet and cream shredding D's for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back