• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Heard's Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to say that Heard is better than AA based on his three runs, but there was a reason he was the fourth back on the field. He's probably a little behind playbook-wise, and we haven't see him pick up a blitz yet.

It's easy to say that Heard is better than AA based on his three runs, but there was a reason he was the fourth back on the field. He's probably a little behind playbook-wise, and we haven't see him pick up a blitz yet.

True, but again I was only talking in regards to running the ball. Overall there is no doubt AA is more developed as a football player at this time and also has taken the time to get his body into full-time playing shape this year as well. But it is pretty clear in those 3 runs he goes North and South faster than AA and has a gear there that would be nice to see more in the open field.

Thought when Heard and A. Green were recruited that B. Heard was the better of the two backs. Heard has a bright future and makes me feel much better with Rex out. A. Abdullah is solid too and the two combined makes me excited for the future.

I thought last year he was the most polished runner of the three freshmen backs. AA has gained on him some, but he is still quite polished as a runner.

I agree. He seemed like the more "mature" runner of the triplets. Honestly he seemed ready to make that step forward just before the injury. Then the switch to defense after he heal did nothing but serve as a minor set back. He and Ameer will be an exciting 1-2 punch in the coming seasons accompanied with the heavy uppercuts from Cross, Marrow, and soon to be Frazier.

Him being forth on the roster had nothing to do with his ability, nor playbook. Have we forgotten, he only spent a spring on the other side of the ball. Maybe him being 4th on the depth chart had more to do with him practicing on both sides of the ball, which I think has come to an end as of now.

Him being forth on the roster had nothing to do with his ability, nor playbook. Have we forgotten, he only spent a spring on the other side of the ball. Maybe him being 4th on the depth chart had more to do with him practicing on both sides of the ball, which I think has come to an end as of now.

Yeah, he spent time with the defense in the spring and fell behind on the offensive play book. He had to make up time, drills and repetitions in fall camp and wound up fourth on the depth chart.

He and Ameer will be an exciting 1-2 punch in the coming seasons accompanied with the heavy uppercuts from Cross, Marrow, and soon to be Frazier.

My mighty tired eyes can't comprehend the last part of this sentence HRD. Soon to be Frazier? Explain?

You didn't hear? Guy's a King.

Ha. Guess I'm as out of touch as usual. :Biggrin:

Found this posted by HRD in April:

There's also the walk on King Frazier, even though I haven't heard anything about him since spring camp. I don't know if he is still with us or what.

This by SB:

I guess some of this depends on the status of King Frazier. According to Sean Callahan he should be eligible. But outside of that I cant find a thing on the kid anywhere.

And finally, HRD in May:

I've been asking that for 2 months now.....

He does have some decent highlights as a high school kid

King was tweetin' in June: king frazier ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>kingfrazier21Going to nebraska tomorrow im gonna miss my boys.. <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 193, 193); ">@</s>bigtsmith20<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 193, 193); ">@</s>T_Harv34 and that goon squad.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back