• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Heard's Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysRed

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
All the running backs were awesome on Saturday but did anyone else notice how fast Braylon Heard can hit a hole in the line and accelerate? I for one am impressed.

All the running backs were awesome on Saturday but did anyone else notice how fast Braylon Heard can hit a hole in the line and accelerate? I for one am impressed.

Yes, the play he scored, he hit that hole and was in the endzone in a flash. Our depth at RB is pretty impressive right now.

Heard reminds me a bit of Martinez, at least in his "gate" or "stance." When he's running, he doesn't really look that quick because he takes fewer steps, but his acceleration is great.

I was most excited when he scored! So happy for that kid!

Class youngman who I met at the 2010 Holiday Bowl and as humble and polite as you will ever meet...always rooting for his sucess....:)

Heard reminds me a bit of Martinez, at least in his "gate" or "stance." When he's running, he doesn't really look that quick because he takes fewer steps, but his acceleration is great.

Ya a little, but hes got some jukes too. I remember his high school highlight film had so many 50+ rushing td's in it. I see why now, crazy speed. I actually see now why they were looking at him as a DB. Probably could keep up with just about anyone. Lets hope hes got soft hands and not DB hands. :Biggrin:

RedPhoenix said:
I was most excited when he scored! So happy for that kid!

Me too! He deserves everything he gets while playing here. Hes earned it.

Last edited:
He is a glider when he is moving left or right he is still moving forward at a good clip. Very impressed with him!

For everything he went through to get to Nebraska I believe every Husker fan is pilling for him to have an outstanding career.

He's an explosive, smooth runner. Loved seeing him get playing time and scoring the TD. Hopefully the first of many this season.

I thought last year he was the most polished runner of the three freshmen backs. AA has gained on him some, but he is still quite polished as a runner.

I thought last year he was the most polished runner of the three freshmen backs.

Totally agree.......

Has the best top end of any RB we currently have. Also seems to run to daylight very well yet still allows blocks to be setup and made. Still think beyond Rex he is our best RB. AA is close, but I'd still take Heard imo because personally I think Heard allows things to develop a bit more and than explodes with a top gear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back