• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Meet Keith Williams, the most motivational coach in college football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys we are paying him more than any other WR only coach in the country and he appears to love it here. I think we are good for now.

If and this is a mighty big if, Williams gets both 5 star receivers plus what they have on board every big time college is going to take notice. Not to mention if Westercamp and Reiley go high in the draft next year. Don't think Saban and Meyer won't come sniffing around to see what it takes to get him.

If and this is a mighty big if, Williams gets both 5 star receivers plus what they have on board every big time college is going to take notice. Not to mention if Westercamp and Reiley go high in the draft next year. Don't think Saban and Meyer won't come sniffing around to see what it takes to get him.

NU is almost guaranteed to have his services for another three years, as his son plays out his eligibility. I cannot foresee any scenario where he leaves while his son is at Nebraska.

If his star keeps rising, it won't just be the pay increase needed. He will be getting offers that include a higher position - coordinator+
This has been discussed already. Some guys do not want to do more. KW seems to be cut from the same cloth as Milt. Where Milt just wanted to be the best Oline coach he could be. KW seems to just want to be the greatest WR coach ever. Nebraska gives him every thing he needs to make that happen. It is not about money as long as they are being paid fairly. It is about the challenge.

If his star keeps rising, it won't just be the pay increase needed. He will be getting offers that include a higher position - coordinator+

This has been discussed already. Some guys do not want to do more. KW seems to be cut from the same cloth as Milt. Where Milt just wanted to be the best Oline coach he could be. KW seems to just want to be the greatest WR coach ever. Nebraska gives him every thing he needs to make that happen. It is not about money as long as they are being paid fairly. It is about the challenge.

I agree with Thom and many others who have discussed this topic. I really don't think KW ever wants to be a coordinator. He's much too intense, knowledgeable, and a true perfectionist when it comes to the WR position. I also remember reading an interview with one of his pupils, James Jones or Ryan Grant I think, in the NFL where they mentioned that they think KW will stay at the college level and should stay there in order to mentor and teach young men at the WR position.

I agree with Thom and many others who have discussed this topic. I really don't think KW ever wants to be a coordinator. He's much too intense, knowledgeable, and a true perfectionist when it comes to the WR position. I also remember reading an interview with one of his pupils, James Jones or Ryan Grant I think, in the NFL where they mentioned that they think KW will stay at the college level and should stay there in order to mentor and teach young men at the WR position.

Hope you guys are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back