• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Meet Keith Williams, the most motivational coach in college football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks need to remember that Coach Williams has been a mid-major coach up until this big jump to Nebraska. I think a lot of that has to do with his integrity and principal and he is not going to compromise that for any coach or school. Look working for Riley he is able to do all that he believes in and not have to compromise any of his values and is one of the highest paid WR coaches in the country now. He loves teaching and coaching kids. I am not really sure he even wants to be a coordinator or head coach. Some guys just are happy doing what they do. If he leaves Nebraska it will not be for money. I could see him staying here for awhile. Dude is a different 'cat which I like and respect because I would like to think that is the way I love my own life.
It seems like NE may have had a few other coaches like that Like Oh I don't know who I might be thinking of?

As if on qeue from my post.
Keith Williams‏@wideouts
The list is coming together for the NFL workouts here starting on the 11th. We're going to go hard with the most updated WideOut software
1f4f1.png
1f4b0.png

Plus like I have said before.
1. He has access to top talent.
2. Nebraska has some of the best facilities to help him make grat players even greater
3. Nebraska has no issue with him bringing in guys from the NFL and other college teams and working with them.

The last is very important as he seems to really have a love for teaching his craft. he does not care who. Nebraska gives him that. The fact that it is symbiotic is gravy for NE. Since if top players see him coaching top NFL players at NE they will say. I want that.

Add to all of this the fact that most people do not leave their job because of money. They leave because they do not like their boss or the culture. http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl...-jobs-new-survey-offers-answers/#6ebe6d8356a9
I think HCMR and DONU check both of those blocks.

Lets add in the fact his own son just transferred here as well... Plenty of reasons for him to stick around. Everyone has a price or opportunity to good to refuse obviously. But I would be shocked to see NU not match an offer or come close if someone came knocking.

JMO but I don't see Williams taking off until this years class of receivers are gone.

Last edited:

National press is BIG for the Huskers, we haven't had the positive press for far to long, plenty of negative though. This staff is fun. GBR

If Williams reels in both Lindsey and Lewis along with the other committed receivers it will be an unprecedented haul for Nebraska. Every big-time program in the country will be sniffing around seeing what it will take to hire him to their school.

Exacty. Pay the man now and then you don't have to match an offer later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back