• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers will make it to Sweet 16 this year

Thanks GIFRRO, I was just mentioning this to my son the other day : ) It was an early call I posted right after the Oregon State game. What I saw that day in Sioux Falls had me "dreaming" of a March Madness bid.....

I went back to the box score to recall my gut reaction.

#1, they had to stay healthy. They did for the most part and were able to play through the Mast and Gary injuries. I honestly thought Gary tore his achilles but it was only a calf strain. Hallelujah!

#2, Brice Williams, Rienk Mast, Juwan Gary were impressive accounting for 52 of our 84 points. Gary is 6'6" but played like he's 6'9".

#3, we had 38 points in the paint, 22 second chance points, 21 fast break points, 25 bench points.

#4, lastly the energy and intensity was off the chart that day. If they can somehow package that up and bring it every game, they have a chance to do something great!

Oregon State ended the regular season 13-18 but they did beat Arizona who is ranked #1 in the Pac-12.

Keisei scored 8 points that day. I expected him to deliver as the season went on, and he didn't disappoint. He was amazing in the first half yesterday!!
Great post. And fun to go back and read again! Thanks!

I haven't followed the NCAA tournament in a while and I read about how big 10 can struggle because the games are officiated so much different in tournament. Has anyone noticed this to be true? I honestly don't have an opinion on this
I don't think it effects us as much as we get good spacing and generally did worse with the games getting away with too much physically.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back