• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers will make it to Sweet 16 this year

I know im wrong at times
But when you make bold negative claims, you should expect to face the crap thrown at you.
Many others threw it at u last night too
The negativity gets old

I have no problem with posters throwing back posts like "whoops", or " that didn't age well" or whatever.. no problem at all.

The negativity has been 100% earned by this coach, so the getting old part is rather silly, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Well, I'm starting to come around...

Team Rankings uses prior stats to predict future results by running simulations. Last night's game improved the Huskers chance of making the NCAA tournament by a lot. Still not in the field, but now looking quite a bit better.

1704919712496.png

Their simulations indicate Huskers need to get to 23 wins to have a decent shot. Not sure I agree, seems like 21 or 22 might be enough.

1704919761410.png

If we finish 5th in the Big Ten with a projected 21-10 record, that seems like it should be strong enough to me.
1704919872084.png

What is interesting to me is that Texas won at Cincinnati by 1 point and gained that much? So, TeamRankings isn't the perfect system by any stretch, but I am a numbers guy and find it very interesting.

15-5 after the Ohio State last night. 5 more wins and we are in good shape to start planning a trip to March Madness!

Amazing year so far....

Last edited:

I had my moment during the second half of the Minnesota game which I acknowledged but this now was fun to go back and go through this thread from beginning to end.

Thanks GIFRRO, I was just mentioning this to my son the other day : ) It was an early call I posted right after the Oregon State game. What I saw that day in Sioux Falls had me "dreaming" of a March Madness bid.....

I went back to the box score to recall my gut reaction.

#1, they had to stay healthy. They did for the most part and were able to play through the Mast and Gary injuries. I honestly thought Gary tore his achilles but it was only a calf strain. Hallelujah!

#2, Brice Williams, Rienk Mast, Juwan Gary were impressive accounting for 52 of our 84 points. Gary is 6'6" but played like he's 6'9".

#3, we had 38 points in the paint, 22 second chance points, 21 fast break points, 25 bench points.

#4, lastly the energy and intensity was off the chart that day. If they can somehow package that up and bring it every game, they have a chance to do something great!

Oregon State ended the regular season 13-18 but they did beat Arizona who is ranked #1 in the Pac-12.

Keisei scored 8 points that day. I expected him to deliver as the season went on, and he didn't disappoint. He was amazing in the first half yesterday!!

Last edited:
Thanks GIFRRO, I was just mentioning this to my son the other day : ) It was an early call I posted right after the Oregon State game. What I saw that day in Sioux Falls had me "dreaming" of a March Madness bid.....

#1, they had to stay healthy. They did for the most part and were able to play through the Mast and Gary injuries. I honestly thought Gary tore his achilles but it was only a calf strain. Hallelujah!

#2, Brice Williams, Rienk Mast, Juwan Gary were impressive accounting for 52 or our 84 points. Gary is 6'6" but played like he's 6'9".

#3, we had 38 points in the paint, 22 second chance points, 21 fast break points, 25 bench points.

#4, lastly the energy and intensity was off the chart that day. If they can somehow package that up and bring it every game, they have a chance to do something great!

Oregon State ended the regular season 13-18 but they did beat Arizona who is ranked #1 in the Pac-12.

Keisei scored 8 points that day. I expected him to deliver as the season went on, and he didn't disappoint. He was amazing in the first half yesterday!!
@Huskerfan69
BRought it up in another post
sweet 16 isnt the most likely scenario but it def possible

#2, Brice Williams, Rienk Mast, Juwan Gary were impressive accounting for 52 or our 84 points. Gary is 6'6" but played like he's 6'9".

Your post wasnt as crazy as many thot

I haven't followed the NCAA tournament in a while and I read about how big 10 can struggle because the games are officiated so much different in tournament. Has anyone noticed this to be true? I honestly don't have an opinion on this

I haven't followed the NCAA tournament in a while and I read about how big 10 can struggle because the games are officiated so much different in tournament. Has anyone noticed this to be true? I honestly don't have an opinion on this
I am not sure it’s the officiating as much as it is style of basketball … conferences like B12, ACC and Big East are more athletic, and play with more tempo than the B1G. I think teams with less size but are quicker … exploit B1G players and teams.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back