• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Fall Practice Day #12 (8/17/16) Photos, Video, News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I remembered reading that Ryker wasn't doing all that well or that he didn't look all that sharp. I'll have to go back and look for it. Maybe I'm misremembering.

POB could probably use a RS year unless circumstances get crazy injury wise.

No they have said he looks solid. Rock solid for the #2 job.

O'Brien is the future at this point in time. If Armstrong goes down they just might hand him the reigns and start that future this year IF they think he can handle it. With a solid backup in Ryker to mentor and help him. Happens a lot with young QBs. Going to be interesting to watch.

No they have said he looks solid. Rock solid for the #2 job.

O'Brien is the future at this point in time. If Armstrong goes down they just might hand him the reigns and start that future this year IF they think he can handle it. With a solid backup in Ryker to mentor and help him. Happens a lot with young QBs. Going to be interesting to watch.

I'll take your word that I read it wrong. I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Was a player OR coach at Alabama?

Player. Kind of guy who is a student of the game who ends up becoming a (good) coach.

Before joining the Huskers, Buck served as the special teams coordinator at Jacksonville State University during the 2014 season. He spent the 2012 and 2013 seasons assisting special teams coach Bruce Read at Oregon State.

Buck played collegiately at Alabama. A wide receiver, he developed into a special teams standout for the Crimson Tide, playing every game over his final two seasons and totaling 17 tackles. He was a member of Alabama's 2009 and 2011 national championship teams. Buck earned his degree in marketing from Alabama in 2011.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210175343

Last edited:

"We're running the gamut here," Husker head coach Mike Riley said of the competition for the team's primary kick returner.

Among those taking turns deep are senior Terrell Newby and sophomore Mikale Wilbon. But other intriguing candidates include true freshman Tre Bryant and J.D. Spielman, as well as redshirt freshman Wyatt Mazour.

Senior Jordan Nelson is likely to be the off-returnman, who will also be deep with the primary returner.

"Who the main return guy on the other side, it's going to be one of those guys," Riley said after the first of two Wednesday workouts.

Bryant "looks real good." And Riley noted, "we're looking real hard at Wyatt Mazour."

* Pierson-El progress: At punt returner, the top options are De'Mornay Pierson-El, Jordan Westerkamp and Stanley Morgan. "And my guess is they'll all do it."

How has the junior Pierson-El come back from his knee injury?

"Everything feels good and looks good," Riley said. "His continuation of playing football and confidence is on the rise. I've talked to him kind of in-depth about that. But as far as being cleared, feeling comfortable, that's all good."

Last edited:

CqE8-96UMAAV7aB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back