• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Fall Practice Day #12 (8/17/16) Photos, Video, News

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could see POB as the third string QB. However, you only play him if Armstrong goes down with a serious injury.

- Carlos Davis told reporters defensive line coach John Parrella has taken things up another notch during fall camp. The redshirt freshman said Parrella has been very vocal, letting his group know when things aren’t being done correctly or even, at times, when it’s not done perfectly.

- One thing (Eric) Lee said the cornerback group has enjoyed this past spring and summer was the cutups of NFL guys that Brian Stewart has provided. The cornerback coach put together film of guys in the league, focusing on their footwork to help provide visuals for why he’s spending so much time on it with his group.

More at the link

Last edited:

>> No decision made at punter yet, Riley said. Redshirt freshman Issac Armstrong has improved since last year and true freshman Caleb Lightbourn has been pretty consistent this month, according to Riley.

>> As expected, sophomore AJ Bush and freshman Patrick O'Brien are battling for the No. 3 QB spot. Tommy Armstrong's the starter. Ryke Fyfe's the backup. "I'd be lying if I said that this is wide open," Riley said. ... So Bush and O'Brien will battle it out -- and perhaps the coaches will know by the end of the week, Riley said. "Patrick is in limbo a little bit," Riley said. "He's redshirtable. We haven't made that decision yet."

>> The Huskers have another practice Wednesday -- their second of three two-a-days this week. That session won't be a scrimmage, but there will be plenty of game-like situations for the players to run through, Riley said. He'll have officials on hand as well.

Last edited:

What I've read so far is that Ryker isn't doing all that well. It's a bit concerning that he's in front of Bush at this point. If POB isn't a solid #3 he should RS, IMO.

Have to admit I have heard nothing but good about Fyfe. I trust the two QB guru coaches on this one. They know there stuff.

I could see O'Brien as the #3 and take no snaps UNLESS as I said Tommy takes a serious injury. Gebbia is for sure going to RS as he needs the weight room S&C so red shirting POB if he is not ready is not a killer however, if he can win the third job then give it to him and only use him if you absolutely have to.

Last edited:
Have to admit I have heard nothing but good about Fyfe. I trust the two QB guru coaches on this one. They know there stuff.

I could O'Brien as the #3 and take no snaps UNLESS as I said Tommy takes a serious injury. Gebbis is for sure going to RS as he needs the weight room S&C so red shirting POB if he is not ready is not a killer however, if he can win the third job then give it to him and only use him if you absolutely have to.

I thought I remembered reading that Ryker wasn't doing all that well or that he didn't look all that sharp. I'll have to go back and look for it. Maybe I'm misremembering.

POB could probably use a RS year unless circumstances get crazy injury wise.

I could O'Brien as the #3 and take no snaps UNLESS as I said Tommy takes a serious injury. Gebbis is for sure going to RS as he needs the weight room S&C so red shirting POB if he is not ready is not a killer however, if he can win the third job then give it to him and only use him if you absolutely have to.

This

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back