• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Athletics program review finds strong, high-performing department

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was only wondering how specifically (in your opinion) would this report differ had that (i.e. your claim that this all but proves.....) not been the case. Follow up question: what is the negative that does not "exhist." Just seeking some clarification.

How's RDR doing? Tell him I said hello and that I miss having him around next time y'all chat.

no surprise you pick the service that ranks us the lowest

247 isn't evaluating our potential recruits. It provides a composite of the various organizations that DO evaluate our potential recruits. There's nothing sinister going on here. Relax.

How's RDR doing? Tell him I said hello and that I miss having him around next time y'all chat.

Funny story...I got a call two nights ago from RDR. His flight from Florida to Colorado had a connection in Dallas. Due to weather in Dallas, the flight was diverted to Austin. He asked if I wanted to get together and have a drink. He didn't have to ask twice!

I may have a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to make regarding Red Dead Redemption. Stay tuned.

Funny story...I got a call two nights ago from RDR. His flight from Florida to Colorado had a connection in Dallas. Due to weather in Dallas, the flight was diverted to Austin. He asked if I wanted to get together and have a drink. He didn't have to ask twice!

I may have a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to make regarding Red Dead Redemption. Stay tuned.

RDR.... that guy cracks me up.

vo2sz.jpg

I'd love to have beers with both of you guys. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, that is a funny story.

247 isn't evaluating our potential recruits. It provides a composite of the various organizations that DO evaluate our potential recruits. There's nothing sinister going on here. Relax.

Bold is only partially correct. The link you provided is the composite ranking. However, 247 does evaluate and rank potential recruits, and that ranking is included in the composite. Coincidentally, 247 has our top 4 (only 4 I checked) ranked lower than the composite. They also have our class ranked lower, by 33%, than the other services. Here is where USAToday had our ranks as of this AM:

247-24
ESPN-16
Rivals-18
Scout-15

Avg per USAToday-18.25

We actually dropped a couple of spots I believe because of LSU and Arizona getting multiple commits this past weekend. I don't want to derail a football thread, but 247 does, in fact, evaluate talent, and it seems the other services disagree with them when it comes to ours.

Bold is only partially correct. The link you provided is the composite ranking. However, 247 does evaluate and rank potential recruits, and that ranking is included in the composite. Coincidentally, 247 has our top 4 (only 4 I checked) ranked lower than the composite. They also have our class ranked lower, by 33%, than the other services. Here is where USAToday had our ranks as of this AM:

247-24
ESPN-16
Rivals-18
Scout-15

Avg per USAToday-18.25

We actually dropped a couple of spots I believe because of LSU and Arizona getting multiple commits this past weekend. I don't want to derail a football thread, but 247 does, in fact, evaluate talent, and it seems the other services disagree with them when it comes to ours.

:thumbsup:

Yeah actually they do. So that is incorrect. They also provide a composite of 247, Scout and Rivals so that is correct.

Just a note the 247 Composite does not include ESPN.

Average Star ranking as we both know also moves us up 4-5 spots last time I looked. That often gets overlooked by the uninitiated.

247-24
ESPN-16
Rivals-18
Scout-15

Avg per USAToday-18.25

Last edited:

Bold is only partially correct. The link you provided is the composite ranking. However, 247 does evaluate and rank potential recruits, and that ranking is included in the composite.

I stand corrected. From the 247 site:

The 247Sports Composite Rating is the industry's most comprehensive and unbiased prospect ranking and is also used to generate 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings.

All major media services share an equal percentage in the 247Sports Composite Rating.

The composite index equally weights this percentage among the services that participate in a ranking for that specific prospect.

http://usc.247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574

That must be a recent change because it did not use too.

I will touch base with someone I know at 247 to check that out.

No need to do so, unless your (sic) calling me a liar. ;) My info comes directly from Scott Schrader.

https://twitter.com/Scott_Schrader

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back