• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Athletics program review finds strong, high-performing department

Status
Not open for further replies.

The list of Exhibits appended to the report had only one item:

Exhibit 1 - Top Team Football Recruiting Rankings 2017

:Biggrin:

Let no one be so naive as to think the purpose and timing of this consultant's study wasn't political. Hank Bounds is no dummy; he's not going to make one of his first official acts at the University be to accidentally order a study of the only part of his job that could ever cause him to lose it. That doesn't mean he ordered the study to have a reason to fire Eichorst/Riley. He most likely did it to have something to point to so he doesn't have to fire Eichorst/Riley, at least until their results on the field become more definite.

The classic use of consultants in business is for top management to hire them so the consultants can tell them what both top management and middle management already know should be done. Boards and/or Shareholders don't trust their own management to know what to do, so top management hires a consultant with fancy credentials to tell the Board that management should do what management already knows they should do. That's all Bounds has done here. It stops overly-obtrusive Regents from pressuring him to micro-manage the football team. That's pretty smart.

And given that the team hasn't lost any more games in the last few months ;) and recruiting is going well, this brings peace to Lincoln, for now.

But make no mistake, the people who had knives out for Eichorst/Riley have only put them away in a place close by. If Nebraska's record ever dips below .667 at any point during this year, they'll be turning the knives' handles around in their palms again and checking the sharpness of the blades, hoping still to use them. And with a finish below .500, the flimsy paper of this consultant's report will be easily (and rightly) rent through with a single thrust.

Last edited:

I think this all but proves the idea that the previous staff left a toxic environment that it took a while to detox.

Not surprised that overall this was a good report. Not surprised that there are a few that maybe don't like the way Shawn leads. Big department with a lot of different types of people. Time to move on.

I think this all but proves the idea that the previous staff left a toxic environment that it took a while to detox.

How, in your opinion, would this report differ had that not been the case. Specifics please. Thanks!

How, in your opinion, would this report differ had that not been the case. Specifics please. Thanks!

So you want me to give specifics on a negative that does not exhist? I acttually do understand debate and know this is an oft used tactic to try and trap people if they are foolish enough to take the bait. Since I am not that foolish I will not take the bait.

A not true.
B no surprise you pick the service that ranks us the lowest
C No surprise you were the first person to try and mae this negative.

HT, don't fall for his stupid shell game. It's the only schtick he has and I stopped falling for it a long time ago. He's still obsessed with me, though.

So you want me to give specifics on a negative that does not exhist?

No, I was only wondering how specifically (in your opinion) would this report differ had that (i.e. your claim that this all but proves.....) not been the case. Follow up question: what is the negative that does not "exhist." Just seeking some clarification.

Last edited:

No, I was only wondering how specifically (in your opinion) would this report differ had that not been the case. Follow up question: what is the negative that does not "exhist." Just seeking some clarification.

You are asking me to speculate on something that does not exhist because it did not happen. That is called disproving a negative.

Proving a negative[edit]
A negative claim is a colloquialism for an affirmative claim that asserts the non-existence or exclusion of something. There are many proofs that substantiate negative claims in mathematics, science, and economics including Arrow's impossibility theorem.

A negative claim may or may not exist as a counterpoint to a previous claim. A proof of impossibility or an evidence of absence argument are typical methods to fulfill the burden of proof for a negative claim
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back