• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ashley Scoggins

This will never go to trial. Nebraska will likely end up settling and NDAs will be signed.
That is what happens in the vast majority of cases.

Nebraska has to ask itself whether it really wants to go scorched earth and deep into discovery in this matter.

Are there other skeletons from that time or before related to other coaches who may have gone rogue and were having sexual relationship with students?

If so, this could become a bigger mess after a year or so of discovery.

well i know one thing, its not gonna go unseen, its on the front page of foxnews.com right now....
Yes, but there is this too, same time line

Yes, but there is this too, same time line
fox news has greater audience of non-sporting public....

Former Nebraska Basketball Player Sues School, Says Coach Pressured Her For Sex

“It is an abuse of power when a professional coach has sex with a student-athlete – period. There are other options for coaches’ sex lives that do not involve the student-athletes they coach, develop and mentor,” Scoggins lawyer, Maren Lynn Chaloupka, said in a statement to HuffPost.

She added: “The people that call Ms. Scoggin, a hardworking student-athlete, a ‘golddigger’ leave out that Nebraska paid $15 million to a football coach who couldn’t win.”
Lol, that's a good one.
Chaloupka said she and her client aren’t seeking a particular amount of money from the school, “because we are seeking accountability.”

It's also hard to believe the university doesn't conduct regular sexual misconduct training for both employees and athletes. It will be interesting to see the fallout.

I would say it is impossible that they don't have a required training. Because part of the federal law, Clery act, I believes makes the training at universities mandatory. I do the training on a yearly basis.

I would say it is impossible that they don't have a required training. Because part of the federal law, Clery act, I believes makes the training at universities mandatory. I do the training on a yearly basis.
I clarified myself in another thread on the subject (which I think got deleted, or maybe moved) that I meant I was sure the university was conducting training.

This will never go to trial. Nebraska will likely end up settling and NDAs will be signed.

The potential downside to that is, regardless if the "team meeting story" is true or not, other coaches will use it to negatively recruit against Amy Williams and Nebraska.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back