• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

7-0 and then 0-5?

Also, we have been hearing a ton of chatter from Spring ball about Raiola's composure and calm. The kid just doesn't get rattled and you can see it in his HS tape as well. Lots of plays he is under pressure to make a play and he does so effortlessly, even in the arms of defenders. I know this is a snake bitten fan base, but I think you all will be surprised at the talent upgrade at WR and QB and it will pay dividends in the Win Loss column.

I always thought that Tommie Frazier had the "IT" factor and was just a winner and shined on the biggest stages. I honestly think we have another QB in that mold. A leader. Great things to come, GBR.

Last edited:

Also, we have been hearing a ton of chatter from Spring ball about Raiola's composure and calm. The kid just doesn't get rattled and you can see it in his HS tape as well. Lots of plays he is under pressure to make a play and he does so effortlessly, even in the arms of defenders. I know this is a snake bitten fan base, but I think you all will be surprised at the talent upgrade at WR and QB and it will pay dividends in the Win Loss column.

I always thought that Tommie Frazier had the "IT" factor and was just a winner and shined on the biggest stages. I honestly think we have another QB in that mold. A leader. Great things to come, GBR.
Very similar. TFs focus on the pitch was astounding, watching the defenders body lean, closing the gap, putting on the pressure, knowing he can juke, where his pitch mans at, straining the defender at high speed, knowing all this then doing it with perfect timing and perfection throughout, run or pitch.

8-4 likely, 9-3 possible.
This^^^^

I don't think we start 7-0. I don't think we finish 0-5.

Ohio State perhaps could be our Waterloo. It would be nice to have that come down to the end and we pull it off. But not yet.

I could see us losing to Rutgers, Wisco, either of the Cally teams, sCUm, etc. I could also see us sweeping them as well.

I am thinking 8-4. If we see 9-3 then we will have serious momo and then it comes down to replacing Ty and Polar Bear and re-loading the rest.

This^^^^

I don't think we start 7-0. I don't think we finish 0-5.

Ohio State perhaps could be our Waterloo. It would be nice to have that come down to the end and we pull it off. But not yet.

I could see us losing to Rutgers, Wisco, either of the Cally teams, sCUm, etc. I could also see us sweeping them as well.

I am thinking 8-4. If we see 9-3 then we will have serious momo and then it comes down to replacing Ty and Polar Bear and re-loading the rest.
Agree with the momentum part, the re instilled confidence part.
Even if you're winning, the US against the world thing instills no confidence and unfortunately that's the last time we were winning, but only against teams we were supposed to beat.
Lets pull an upset or two, get the boys rolling

Last edited:

Agree with the momentum part, the re instilled confidence part.
Even if you're winning, the US against the world thing instills no confidence and unfortunately that's the last time we were winning, but only against teams we were supposed to beat.
Lets pull an upset or two, get the boys rolling
From a personal standpoint I would like to see us beat sCUm and Ohio St as well as Wisco and Iowa.

From a practical standpoint we need wins anywhere we can get them. That would include a couple of blowout wins to get depth players reps.

From a need standpoint just get to 6, as quickly as possible, any way possible

From a personal standpoint I would like to see us beat sCUm and Ohio St as well as Wisco and Iowa.

From a practical standpoint we need wins anywhere we can get them. That would include a couple of blowout wins to get depth players reps.

From a need standpoint just get to 6, as quickly as possible, any way possible
We get one upset, we're making cfb great, we get two, we belong.

Looks like Riley's second year in 2016 .... 7-0 start, then 2-4 (including bowl)

https://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2016.html

Riley=Rhule?? :Eek:. First year, Mike 6-7, Matt 5-7

srQpHO1.png

Last edited:
We had below mediocre qb play last yr, and nearly won 4 more games, right to the very end. We have significantly better qb play this yr. If the once in a decade injury catastrophe doesnt strike again.. well prob win 8, 9 if we can just break even on turnovers
Exactly how I feel about our chances this season. We had the second worst TO ratio in college football combined with crappy QB play last season and still should have went bowling. After 7 games DR will be a beast imo and lighting up the conference. Huskers are loaded with talent! This will be our best team since 2009. If we don’t win 8 or 9 games I’ll be disappointed. The Husker train is going places so get onboard and enjoy the ride.

Exactly how I feel about our chances this season. We had the second worst TO ratio in college football combined with crappy QB play last season and still should have went bowling. After 7 games DR will be a beast imo and lighting up the conference. Huskers are loaded with talent! This will be our best team since 2009. If we don’t win 8 or 9 games I’ll be disappointed. The Husker train is going places so get onboard and enjoy the ride.

I completely understand the excitement. Hell, I'm excited about what we have on the roster and what that should look like this fall. On paper.

One note of caution though is that this team is still making the mental toughness transition from 'Oh no, here we go again' to 'We expect to win'. You could see them fighting it last year and I'd say they went from expecting to lose to holding their own, with the possible exception of being mentally out of the Michigan game pretty early. The next step to mentally 'Expecting to win' isn't as easy as flipping a switch and is usually built with actual wins. For that reason alone (and for the lessor reasons of a couple of spots I still think our depth isn't where I'd like it) I see this as a transitional year. A winning season, IMO, but still not a 8 win or even a CCG season as I've seen some comment.

I firmly believe we'll see better football out of this Nebraska team than we've seen in many years. We're also still likely to see the mistakes of youth and of 'We're not quite there' jump up and bite us in the backside.

I just really want to beat CU and then win at least 6 to get to a bowl. Anything beyond 6 is gravy. I think the schedule is harder than a lot of people are betting, but we'll see.

I just really want to beat CU and then win at least 6 to get to a bowl. Anything beyond 6 is gravy. I think the schedule is harder than a lot of people are betting, but we'll see.
I think we turn the corner and are better than many think we are.
We ran a very hobbled offense last year. One rb, third string rookie wrs, third string qb, altering our entire offensive approach, still finished strong on D. Led the planet in turnovers.

Something as simple as hanging onto the ball gets us beyond but certainly to 6.

I completely understand the excitement. Hell, I'm excited about what we have on the roster and what that should look like this fall. On paper.

One note of caution though is that this team is still making the mental toughness transition from 'Oh no, here we go again' to 'We expect to win'. You could see them fighting it last year and I'd say they went from expecting to lose to holding their own, with the possible exception of being mentally out of the Michigan game pretty early. The next step to mentally 'Expecting to win' isn't as easy as flipping a switch and is usually built with actual wins. For that reason alone (and for the lessor reasons of a couple of spots I still think our depth isn't where I'd like it) I see this as a transitional year. A winning season, IMO, but still not a 8 win or even a CCG season as I've seen some comment.

I firmly believe we'll see better football out of this Nebraska team than we've seen in many years. We're also still likely to see the mistakes of youth and of 'We're not quite there' jump up and bite us in the backside.
It’s certainly going to be interesting and exciting. If we play well the first 5 games I say look out. We finally have a QB that’s actually used to winning with the skills to go along with winning. I believe this will make a big difference in the over all attitude of this team and how they approach things. We PIZZED away 3 wins last season even with poor QB play imo. I’m not going on that much about the other teams but rather the amount of talent I believe we have now. Our Achilles heel last season was turn overs and poor FG kicking. IF those 2 things are remedied Huskers will be tough out for anyone we’re playing including mighty OSU. We have a very favorable schedule early on which should really help this team improve and win. BTW I don’t see a wealth of great QB play in BIG with many teams unsettled on their starting QB.

Bottom line I’m sticking with a prediction of 8 wins which would be a heck of a good season. I agree that just making a bowl is extremely important for the over health of the program and recruitment.

It’s kinda pointless to try to predict anyone’s record. That said, I’ll go out on a limb, a big limb, and say NU is going to win at least 9 regular season games. I also think, NU will push to be in the BIG championship game. Also, with much needed confidence growing rapidly, I don’t think OSU boat races NU. I just think this is the year they make a HUGE, long overdo jump. It’s time, and NU won’t be out athleted except against OSU. USC to me, is even in flux. Not ready to say they have more talent because I don’t think they do.
I don't mean to belittle someone as informed as you, but you do know there all no divisions, right ? Any team would have to have at least the second best conference record out of 18 to be in the CCG.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back