• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

7-0 and then 0-5?

It’s kinda pointless to try to predict anyone’s record. That said, I’ll go out on a limb, a big limb, and say NU is going to win at least 9 regular season games. I also think, NU will push to be in the BIG championship game. Also, with much needed confidence growing rapidly, I don’t think OSU boat races NU. I just think this is the year they make a HUGE, long overdo jump. It’s time, and NU won’t be out athleted except against OSU. USC to me, is even in flux. Not ready to say they have more talent because I don’t think they do.

It’s kinda pointless to try to predict anyone’s record. That said, I’ll go out on a limb, a big limb, and say NU is going to win at least 9 regular season games. I also think, NU will push to be in the BIG championship game. Also, with much needed confidence growing rapidly, I don’t think OSU boat races NU. I just think this is the year they make a HUGE, long overdo jump. It’s time, and NU won’t be out athleted except against OSU. USC to me, is even in flux. Not ready to say they have more talent because I don’t think they do.
9 regular season wins would be amazing. COTY consideration imo.

I predict 7-3 before Wisconsin. Probably a stumble against Illinois or Purdue, then a loss to OSU and 1-1 against USC/UCLA. If the offense, and QBs in particular, are relatively healthy at that point, the Huskers should smoke both Wisky and Iowa and possibly end up 9-3. If turnovers and injuries bite again it could be 6-6 or 7-5.
GBR!

With four home games to start the season and with the leadership and drive the returning players have that could have gone pro. I believe 8-4 is achievable realistically. It is early and a lot of intangibles right now, but last year had we scored more than 10 points in three games we lost N could have had 8 wins! GBR

I predict 7-3 before Wisconsin. Probably a stumble against Illinois or Purdue, then a loss to OSU and 1-1 against USC/UCLA. If the offense, and QBs in particular, are relatively healthy at that point, the Huskers should smoke both Wisky and Iowa and possibly end up 9-3. If turnovers and injuries bite again it could be 6-6 or 7-5.
GBR!
Turnovers and injuries are always neutralizers. Baring that, this team is about to get going.

9 regular season wins would be amazing. COTY consideration imo.
Hell, look at the schedule. I mean, OSU is it. USC, isn’t USC. Everyone else on this schedule will have less talent than NU has. I don’t think Rhule is bleeping around. I haven’t felt like this since probably about 2010. I just feel it, for whatever reason. Maybe it’s just time? I think this team is the biggest surprise in the country, and if it gets a break or two, the sky is the limit.

When it comes to the last five games it is not so daunting that we drop them all.

Indiana was 3-9 last year fired their coach and are in rebuild mode

Ohio St is loaded

UCLA lost their Head Coach, The DC is now at USC , new QB and whole new offensive set up and with the game being in November the weather could play a factor even if its just a chilly 30 degree day :)

USC has great Talent but Hey even our old coach kept it close on the road At OU against Lincoln Riley

Wisconsin and Iowa are going to be dogfights like always

Im optimistic. The team that came out in the spring game is not the same team we have seen the last 15 years.

If we're not at least 5-2 heading into the final 5 game stretch, I think the chances of getting bowl eligible are exceptionally slim.

I'm on board with this. Last time we were 7-0 we knew the stars aligned.
These days are tougher yet, and to go 7-0 you've earned it.
The confidence factor if we go 7-0 becomes a challenge to go 8-0, see where they're at, no pre-conceived evaluations.
The expecting to win starts this year.
Fear of playing us, next year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back