• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2016 KC Royals

Mondesi with a 3 run stand up triple in the 6th.

Still only 1 out. Royals lead 6 - 4

They just said it's been a 36 minute top of the inning and just 2 outs.

Second time through the order and it's finally over as I type.

Royals lead 10 - 4.

Did you hear that crazy stat by Baseball Prospectus? Going into today, KC had a 6% chance of making the playoffs. Insanity. There are times when you can throw stats out the window. This is one of those times.

Did you hear that crazy stat by Baseball Prospectus? Going into today, KC had a 6% chance of making the playoffs. Insanity. There are times when you can throw stats out the window. This is one of those times.

I missed that. I would have believed it if they said going into August there was only a 6% chance. Going into today I would have expecting that percentage to be much higher.

I missed that. I would have believed it if they said going into August there was only a 6% chance. Going into today I would have expecting that percentage to be much higher.

KC's remaining schedule: 32 games. 20 at home. 12 on the road. Note: Royals are 19 games over .500 at home this season. (13 game under on the road.)

vs Yankees (3 games)
vs Detroit (3 games)
@ Minnesota (3 games)
@ White Sox (3 games)
vs Oakland (4 games)
vs White Sox (4 games)
@ Cleveland (3 games)
@ Detroit (3 games)
vs Minnesota (3 games)
vs Cleveland (3 games)

Next two series (Yanks and Detroit) are huge ... as they are both fighting with KC for a WC spot. But we get 'em in KC.

Following two series (@ Minn, @ ChiSox) are not at all daunting.

Follow that up with home against lowly Oakland and a not-very-good White Sox team.

And then it comes down to two of our last four series against Cleveland.

Personally, I wouldn't rule KC out for winning the division. Might be a stretch, but I'm currently a solid believer in the Royals.

KC's remaining schedule: 32 games. 20 at home. 12 on the road. Note: Royals are 19 games over .500 at home this season. (13 game under on the road.)

vs Yankees (3 games)
vs Detroit (3 games)
@ Minnesota (3 games)
@ White Sox (3 games)
vs Oakland (4 games)
vs White Sox (4 games)
@ Cleveland (3 games)
@ Detroit (3 games)
vs Minnesota (3 games)
vs Cleveland (3 games)

Next two series (Yanks and Detroit) are huge ... as they are both fighting with KC for a WC spot. But we get 'em in KC.

Following two series (@ Minn, @ ChiSox) are not at all daunting.

Follow that up with home against lowly Oakland and a not-very-good White Sox team.

And then it comes down to two of our last four series against Cleveland.

Personally, I wouldn't rule KC out for winning the division. Might be a stretch, but I'm currently a solid believer in the Royals.

Nice run down and I agree. Still a lot of variables but if they can stay hot like this I like their chances.

Last edited:
That was an impressive road trip to take those two series. Miami has some nice pitching and some outstanding relievers. And Boston just kills the ball. (And IMO enjoys the smallest strike zone in the MLB for their hitters, as if they needed the extra help!!)

Maybe they missed a 0. 60% sounds pretty reasonable at this point. Maybe a 6% chance to win the Central.

Maybe they missed a 0. 60% sounds pretty reasonable at this point. Maybe a 6% chance to win the Central.

I thought 60% seemed more reasonable as well.

Yesterday, it was at 6.3% (prior to last night's win). Today, it's at 11.8%. Detroit is at 33.9%, and the Tigers are only a game up on KC in the standings. Houston and Seattle both have better odds than KC as well, according to the site -- even though they have the same record as the Royals.

For whatever reason, Baseball Prospectus hates KC's chances. Again, I find that odd -- even statistically -- as the Royals play 20 of their final 32 games at home -- and KC is 19 games over .500 at home this season.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/

Last edited:
I thought 60% seemed more reasonable as well.

Yesterday, it was at 6.3% (prior to last night's win). Today, it's at 11.8%. Detroit is at 33.9%, and the Tigers are only a game up on KC in the standings. Houston and Seattle both have better odds than KC as well, according to the site -- even though they have the same record as the Royals.

For whatever reason, Baseball Prospectus hates KC's chances. Again, I find that odd -- even statistically -- as the Royals play 20 of their final 32 games at home -- and KC is 19 games over .500 at home this season.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/

Makes no sense to me, especially given KC's surge of late. I'm guessing if the Royals keep winning at an 80% plus clip the change in those odds will be pretty dramatic.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back