• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2016 KC Royals

how often is it the WS champions play the runner up in the first series the following season?

how often is it the WS champions play the runner up in the first series the following season?

Good chance it's never happened. Interleague games are still fairly new. And until very recently, it wasn't until well into the season before you'd see a series between an AL and NL team. I'd bet in the modern era, it's never happened. Maybe different 100 years ago.

Last edited:

Zobrist signs with the Cubs. I loved Zobrist with KC last season but not to the tune of 4 years/$56 million.

Rumor is that Dyson will start in the OF this year freeing up money for another starter or possibly Gordon. Dyson is a weak hitter for a corner OF but his numbers are actually very similar to what Rios did last season. Obviously you give up some power but you gain stolen bases and defense, which is the Royals calling card. Let Dyson play CF and move Cain to RF. I also wouldn't mind seeing Orlando against lefties instead of Dyson.

Surprised at the size of Ben's contract. Amazing what winning championships will do for your perceived value, I guess! I will miss him, definitely. Quality guy, solid player, just a great human being.

Unfortunately in my mind that means even less chance of resigning Gordon...

Any news on the pitcher front? I'm hearing rumors of Kazmir.

Surprised at the size of Ben's contract. Amazing what winning championships will do for your perceived value, I guess! I will miss him, definitely. Quality guy, solid player, just a great human being.

Unfortunately in my mind that means even less chance of resigning Gordon...

Any news on the pitcher front? I'm hearing rumors of Kazmir.

It sounds like there are quite a few teams interested in Kazmir.

Reported over the weekend that Royals would be willing to move Infante, but age and contract $$ makes it highly unlikely anyone will want to take that on.

Royals were reportedly looking into deals for either Todd Frazier or Carlos Gonzalez, possibly as Gordo plan B options. Frazier Link CarGo Link (it's all mlbtraderumors.com, so take it for what its worth)

It sounds like there are quite a few teams interested in Kazmir.

Reported over the weekend that Royals would be willing to move Infante, but age and contract $$ makes it highly unlikely anyone will want to take that on.

Royals were reportedly looking into deals for either Todd Frazier or Carlos Gonzalez, possibly as Gordo plan B options. Frazier Link CarGo Link (it's all mlbtraderumors.com, so take it for what its worth)

Nick Markakis is also being rumored. Not sure his defense is going to cut it.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2015/12/13/10022528/mlb-trade-rumors-braves-nick-markakis-orioles-royals

Cueto signs with the Giants......so the partial season rental is over.

I can't say as this surprises me, but I'd have liked to see him at least pretend to consider playing one or two more years in KC. Pretty high price for a rental.

Cueto signs with the Giants......so the partial season rental is over.

I can't say as this surprises me, but I'd have liked to see him at least pretend to consider playing one or two more years in KC. Pretty high price for a rental.

I don't think he pitched well enough through the season to warrant the Royals wanting to spend on him. Granted, he was nails when needed in postseason.

The Royals look to sign Dillon Gee from the Mets to a minor league deal. Probably a project hoping they can find more lightening in a bolt ala Ryan Madson, Kendrys Morales, and to a certain extent Edison Volquez.

I don't think he pitched well enough through the season to warrant the Royals wanting to spend on him. Granted, he was nails when needed in postseason.

The Royals look to sign Dillon Gee from the Mets to a minor league deal. Probably a project hoping they can find more lightening in a bolt ala Ryan Madson, Kendrys Morales, and to a certain extent Edison Volquez.

I don't disagree with not spending a ton of money on him, but he was nails when it mattered. That's a big deal. Like I'd mentioned, I wish he would have done the unthinkable and taken less money to stay with a winner. I would be the worlds worst agent, but I like to think that winning is important to the players at some point.

I can't argue with how they've managed most of their roster in the past three or four years, so maybe they'll do just that.

As we have feared...looks like it would be a pretty big hometown discount if Alex stays.

http://mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20151223&content_id=160325580&vkey=news_kc&c_id=kc

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back