• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ziggy, Washington, Martinez the O-Line (maybe some JD and Wyatt)

If one thing has been demonstrated by this offense, it's the insistence on running the ball to set up passing. It will be heavy on the pass because Illinois will be playing up tight and forcing deep throw up the sidelines if they have any strategic forethought.

I guess I will dance with who we brung, Frostee and let him decide what our game plan will looks like.

I am unconcerned. There are like 50 things that worry me more.

giphy.gif

Cold and Windy will not be conducive to throwing the ball 25 times.

Kind of reminds me of BC at ISU in 2005. Will the coach bow to the elements, or air it out for the sake of devotion to the system?

IMO, at home, the smart move is ugly it up and run the ball.

Frost's offense isn't as dependent upon crisp timing, like the West Coast offense, which is what Callahan was running. Any passes that are typically thrown with a little extra mustard on them--quick slants, curls, hooks, etc.--will be just fine. If there are wind gusts, it will make the deep balls more tricky, but you just don't throw them unless it's wide open. I wouldn't think it would affect the Bubbles much either. Intermediate passes might be affected if they're thrown into a tight window.

Frost will run his normal offense, for the most part. If he has to make adjustments, we'll see it as it's happening.

Last edited:
Frost's offense isn't as dependent upon crisp timing, like the West Coast offense, which is what Callahan was running. Any passes that are typically thrown with a little extra mustard on them--quick slants, curls, hooks, etc.--will be just fine. If there are wind gusts, it will make the deep balls more tricky, but you just don't throw them unless it's wide open. I wouldn't think it would affect the Bubbles much either. Intermediate passes might be affected if they're thrown into a tight window.

Frost will run his normal offense, for the most part. If he has to make adjustments, we'll see it as it's happening.
Exactly right. It always amazes me that Lincoln NE seems to be the only place in the country where passes can not be thrown. Colorado, no problem, pullman washington, ok, Wyoming sure we pass all the time. Lincoln NE no way. The weather is too bad. :rolleyes:

I think some of you completely missed the biggest point of my message... besides the weather (which will be a factor whether you want to admit or not).... ILLINOIS GIVES UP OVER 240 YARDS A GAME ON THE GROUND... we don't need to be tricky... we can just run the ball all over them. We don't have to abandon our offense at all...but if any of you have every tried to throw a 17 yard out route in a 25 mph gust...then you know.

I think you will see most of the same pass routes. Martinez has a strong accurate arm. Have to keep their defense playing honest. Can’t let them just pack the box.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back