• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Zero-for-spring game

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
It appears as though we did not get the anticipated bump for recruiting from the spring game. With the way recruiting was going up until then, I expected at least 2 commits from visitors after the game.

Because we got two right before the game....Decker was expected to commit at the game....

We are in GREAT shape with I suspect 2 or 3 guys who visited eventually committing in the future...Perry & Williams coming to mind....

Keep in mind Perry, Tears, and Williams are almost 'N', although things can obviously change. Also, as RR said, we got two commits a day before the game.

The other thing to think about is that we are over half full with 9 commits, we take a couple more we get to 11 and only have 3 spots for evals of senior guys that will get better. We are sitting in a very good situation right now...

Last edited:
The other thing to think about is that we are over half full with 9 commits, we take a couple more we get to 11 and only have 3 spots for evals of senior guys that will get better. We are sitting in a very good situation right now...

Seems weird to be talking about the last few spots ten months before signing day. Wish this was a year we could sign 25 but it would be hard to imagine us being in a better position. The coaches did a great job laying the foundation for this class last year. It feels like Bo has figured out what he needs to do recruiting-wise and it seems like we are gaining momentum in. A great year on the field this fall could set us up to return to elite status.

I think things look amazing. We have never been half-full of our alloted number of scholarships this early. We are getting great recruits and there will be a lot of competition for the few remaining slots. I was impressed with the players in the spring game. I agree the product on the field this year should be awesome, and will make the next round of recruiting even more productive.

Could not have said it better.....

I think things look amazing. We have never been half-full of our alloted number of scholarships this early. We are getting great recruits and there will be a lot of competition for the few remaining slots. I was impressed with the players in the spring game. I agree the product on the field this year should be awesome, and will make the next round of recruiting even more productive.

Could not have said it better.....

Maybe the coaching staff will encourage players that haven't contributed by their junior or redshirt junior year to strongly consider their options?

Not saying we dump players but maybe the staff gives them serious hints that they might not get much/any playing time their senior year...making more scholarships available.

Maybe the coaching staff will encourage players that haven't contributed by their junior or redshirt junior year to strongly consider their options?

Not saying we dump players but maybe the staff gives them serious hints that they might not get much/any playing time their senior year...making more scholarships available.

Already done. There are very few of those players on the roster this year. There will always be a few each year, but look at the So-Jr roster and there are very few non-contributors on the list.

Already done. There are very few of those players on the roster this year. There will always be a few each year, but look at the So-Jr roster and there are very few non-contributors on the list.

Agreed, you may find a guy or two in the 2014 recruiting class though that doesn't quite fit in or doesn't make it, or a redshirt freshmen that just isn't getting it and says screw it...

This is a different thread. Most threads on the board lately start out positive and turn negative. This one started negative and turned positive. Kind of nice.

We need to ster more of these. I have noticed when one of these posts come up we soon after get a Commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back