• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Zane Flores

Its easy for a high school position player to stay home and play for nebr.

Its entirely different for a high school qb to stay home in nebr, who is thought to be the program savior.

The scrutiny on qb and their family is almost the same as that of head coach.the expectations would be unsustainable, especially with how volatile our program and results have been.

Its real easy for a fan to question Flores will to compete, but neither they or their family would be subjected to the meat grinder expectations of the fanbase.

Imagine being the family of Adrian Martinez, if you lived in omaha/ lincoln, to see and hear the scrutiny he was subjected to by local fanbase and media for 4 years. Flores is making the best move for him, and its obvious why. He will always love husker fb.

Its entirely different for a high school qb to stay home in nebr, who is thought to be the program savior.

The scrutiny on qb and their family is almost the same as that of head coach.the expectations would be unsustainable, especially with how volatile our program and results have been.

Its real easy for a fan to question Flores will to compete, but neither they or their family would be subjected to the meat grinder expectations of the fanbase.

Imagine being the family of Adrian Martinez, if you lived in omaha/ lincoln, to see and hear the scrutiny he was subjected to by local fanbase and media for 4 years. Flores is making the best move for him, and its obvious why. He will always love husker fb.

Scrutiny of QB exists at any school. Comes with the territory. They also get the glory when the team wins and, currently, they get the largest NIL deals. If that concern is a reason for someone committing away from their hometown, they're not one we want to be recruiting. I also don't think that is the case with Flores.

Flores parents will live outa town from Stillwater, and wont have to discuss their kids play at the grocery store, at school, at work, hear it on the radio….. its about his family not about the player

The way the portal works maybe he'll end up at NU in a year or two.

Haarberg is currently behind a walk-on from the same recruiting class. Awesome evaluation.

Who knows if Pop Watson will stayed committed with Whipple gone. Flores would have stayed committed to a new coach at Nebraska. It's why you ALWAYS defer to an in-state kid when you're deciding between two players. Especially when they're basically ranked the same.
And then sometimes Nebraska kids enter the portal which takes everyone by surprise. Having said that, I agree with your statement

And it was pretty obvious Whipple was going to be gone early on...would have been wise to work on Flores knowing that Watson is a Whipple guy.
And then your main recruiter and interim head coach allegedly gets in trouble. I'm telling you we are cursed. I guess I should stop being surprised by things that happen within the program

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back