• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Zaire Anderson TT visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the story on Rome from last year then?

Look, like I got beat up over on Rivals about this but I still will stand my ground about Nebraska's double standards on this! If we are gonna keep on inviting other school's commits to still take a trip here, then our coaches can not be mad if one of our commits goes on a trip somewhere else!

Not a double standard at all. Our coaches tell the kids if they still want to take visits, that's fine, just don't commit to us yet. If you commit, you are 100 percent to us and done with the visits. So it's more a kid going against his word, and the staff looks at that and starts to think what else he may do if he actually shows up on campus that we tell them not to.

The kid from UCLA never made a promise to OUR staff about anything, thus why we are taking his visit. Anderson has promised something to our coaches, thus the displeasure. Hope that clears it up.....

Another way to look at it in convesation form:

"Coach Pelini, i'm going to commit to the Huskers. I only have 2 visits left to take but feel pretty comfortable with you and the staff".

What do you think Coach Pelini's response would be?? It would go something like:

"Take your visits, if you still feel comfortable with us and we have room left, let's make that decision then."

In no way is this a double standard and i'm having trouble seeing how you think it is....

Look, like I got beat up over on Rivals about this but I still will stand my ground about Nebraska's double standards on this! If we are gonna keep on inviting other school's commits to still take a trip here, then our coaches can not be mad if one of our commits goes on a trip somewhere else!

If you're worried about the double standard of the fans...don't sweat it. We're like that. I think the coaches understand how it works. Some programs won't stand for visits after the 'commitment' but I think NU is pretty reasonable with those kids if they visit. Just my opinion.

Huge difference....the kid from UCLA committed to a different coaching staff....who got fired....

Correct

correct what?

So what about the UCLA kid?
What excuse are you going to say about us getting Rome to decommit last year and sign with us?

Again I'll spell it out I agree with RR all is fair in recruiting so let's not bitch and moan with one of ours decides to take another trip elsewhere just like when we put our rose colored glasses on and brag up a kid for coming here when they were commited elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back