• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Zac Taylor status uncertain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's the nature of coaching. He'll catch on somewhere in the Old Boys network. Lots of recycling out there.

No doubt some will argue it might be a good idea to add Zach as a Qb coach to our staff and boot someone upstairs. 3 guesses who those some would say needs to vacate to make room for Zach. Not sure if ZT would even consider a college job and if so does he want to come back to Lincoln. Bo will sort it out I'm sure.

I think he'll be a too hot of a commodity for NFL teams. He had success with Tannehill in Miami and got some press for it. I don't think he'd take a college QB Coach job UNLESS the NFL teams don't offer which is unlikely

But, but, but...what about Ganz? Why bring Zac in when Ganz is already here? Why?

Ganz is gone. He's only allowed to stay two years as a GA and will be pursuing a full time coaching opportunity elsewhere. The LJS ran an article on this before the bowl game. Beck will hire another GA (I think it may end up being Ron Kellogg) before fall camp starts. Per NCAA rules, Nebraska cannot hire Zac Taylor or anybody else as a full time QB coach unless somebody leaves the staff. Because other than the two coordinators everybody else coaches a position the only logical candidate to leave in order to get a full time QB coach is Barney Cotton. That will never happen as long as Bo's the head coach.

Ganz is gone. He's only allowed to stay two years as a GA and will be pursuing a full time coaching opportunity elsewhere. The LJS ran an article on this before the bowl game. Beck will hire another GA (I think it may end up being Ron Kellogg) before fall camp starts. Per NCAA rules, Nebraska cannot hire Zac Taylor or anybody else as a full time QB coach unless somebody leaves the staff. Because other than the two coordinators everybody else coaches a position the only logical candidate to leave in order to get a full time QB coach is Barney Cotton. That will never happen as long as Bo's the head coach.
and why would you want to . The afformentioned Zac ran a totally different offense than what we run, if you want to bring in a QB coach, bring in a true dual threat guy that can relate to what we want. I am not saying he isn't intelligent, but how could he relate to a zone read/option recruit, when he never ran it. Throwing the ball yes, but running wise, not even a chance. case in point look what Damyeon Craig did for Auburn (and FSU by accident). Get the right guy for the right job.

Sorry, SWVA...forgot to hit the sarcasm emoticon before I posted.

Love Ganz....but some on here would put him at secondary coach just to keep him.

Sorry, SWVA...forgot to hit the sarcasm emoticon before I posted.

Love Ganz....but some on here would put him at secondary coach just to keep him.

I love Ganz too, I think he's done a good job with the QBs. If Beck and Bo were able to keep him I'd argue he should stay. This rule is one of the rules that I hope schools like Nebraska get an exemption from when the NCAA takes up restructuring this summer. If Nebraska can afford to pay more coaches they shouldn't be limited to a certain number because smaller schools can't afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back