• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Zac Taylor hired by the Dolphins as Assistant QB Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Congrads to Zac....one of the good guys...:)

Looks like his father-in-law the new O-Coordinator hooked him up....:)

The Miami Dolphins today named George Edwards as their linebacker coach, and Zac Taylor as their assistant quarterbacks coach, while also announcing that tight ends coach Dan Campbell, strength coach Darren Krein and special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi have been retained on Head Coach Joe Philbin’s staff for the upcoming season.

Taylor comes to the Dolphins from Texas A&M where he served as the offensive graduate assistant and tight ends coach. Prior to entering the coaching ranks with the Aggies, Taylor was the 2006 Big 12 player of the year at as a quarterback at Nebraska, passing for over 2700 yards on the season leading the Cornhuskers to a 9-3 record and an appearance in the Big 12 Championship Game. Taylor spent time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after being signed as an undrafted college free agent on April 29, 2007, but was waived prior to the start of training camp and then joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL in the fall of 2007.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...-Coaches/30aab8fc-7bc4-48d2-ab99-08a34429e99c

OK, just so I'm following this right, we just lost a walk on IB but it won't open up any skollies so this has absolutely no impact on NSD? :)

OK, just so I'm following this right, we just lost a walk on IB but it won't open up any skollies so this has absolutely no impact on NSD?
:)

LOL

Yup, and isn't it amazing the way a young sophomore from Lincoln can move up so quickly to a pro coaching job?:wave:

Taylor is perhaps the toughest QB we've had here at Nebraska. Love to see him doing so well.
This is probably true. That guy got beaten up so many times and he always got right back up. He's a great Husker. I hope he goes far in the coaching ranks. This is pretty awesome.

Zac's always been one of my favorite players. He was a tough and humble kid with a good sense of humor. Likable guy who I loved to see win. I wish that game in Kansas City would have been different for him just because I like to see him win (who knows what would have happened if Billy C would have won us a big 12 title though). Good for Zac

This is probably true. That guy got beaten up so many times and he always got right back up. He's a great Husker. I hope he goes far in the coaching ranks. This is pretty awesome.
I think he got sacked 9 times against the sooners in 2005? Tough dude

Well, he's now hooked up for life with the good ol' boy NFL coaching network. He can bounce around from NFL city to NFL city every 4-5 as a mediocre coach (like his father-in-law) for decades to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back