• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

You play to win the game.

One possible reason is working on field goals. Frost admitted that we lost several games last year due to the kicking game. We have a new a kicker and getting him live reaps in a game we weren’t going to win isn’t a terrible thing. We are going to need him later in the year. Not sure of his rationale, just thinking out loud.

It was a terrible pass to a wide open receiver......probably too wide open.

Put him back out there on 4th and run the same damn play. Who cares if you lose by 38 or 35. Kicking a FG at that point was a loss regardless of the score it provides. More confidence is built within the team in going for it and failing to score 7 than accepting the loss of 3 points imo. Day had zero problem going for it multiple times and not a single one of us thought for one damn second that Nebraska was gonna stop them. Ohio State had all the confidence and was not scared to do whatever it had to, to win. Apparently, in a year that doesn't amount to anything but VALUABLE PLAYING EXPERIENCE AND CONFIDENCE BUILDING, our coaches chose to go safe.

I'm really sick of safe.

Seriously, someone tell me the consequences of going for a TD there instead of FG. I'm willing to listen, just prove to me why it's the wrong decision FOR THIS YEAR
My issue is that it was a 3 score game before the fg, and after it was still a 3 score game.

Shoulda gone for it IMO

Well well, second game is cancelled. Regrets? Taking opportunities when they're presented to you? THE YEAR DOESN'T COUNT GO FOR IT

Coaching staff unwillingness to win.

Bo Pelini calling timeout on D netted 98.9% TD opportunity for the opposing team first play after.

This coaching staff apparently makes the worst adjustments compared to best adjustments by opposing coaching staff after halftime.

You are not playing to win (the second half) Frost coaching staff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back